[Scpg] Volunteers Days of Service at the Ojai Foundation

Rachel Dawson radiantearth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:25:53 PDT 2007

  <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=mlevldcab.0.8no5nbcab.o4jqo7bab.1622&ts=S0270&p=http://ojaifoundation.org/>THE
OJAI FOUNDATION
Days of Service
 Facilitated by Rachel Dawson, Gardens Coordinator
October 13 & 14, November 3 & 4

9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Call for other possible dates and opportunities

Our rustic little village has literally been built by the good efforts of
thousands of mostly volunteers over the last 25 years. Please come and join
us, for a couple of hours or a few days.

Loving energy is needed in the meditation gardens of our Sanctuary after
this year of heat and drought. We will begin with a land orientation and
overview at 9:00 am then complete our day with a picnic lunch near our
rustic kitchen.  Please wear rugged, cool clothes that you don't mind
getting dirty and sturdy, closed toe shoes.  Bring a sunhat, a water bottle
and a no waste lunch.  Please arrive by 8:45 a.m. so that we can begin on
time.

Enjoy the natural beauty of the Land while taking part in a service project.
Days of Service include:

v  A brief land walk and introduction to The Ojai Foundation.

v  An opportunity to take part in project-oriented service on the land,
including trail and garden maintenance, terracing, plantings, composting,
and more.

v  Mindfulness practices during service.

v  A brief time for reflection and quiet on the land.

For over 25 years The Ojai Foundation has been a champion and vigorous
example of sustainable living. Stewardship of the earth is a matter of
technology as well as the heart, and Sanctuary embraces the practical as
well as the spiritual side of sustainability.

*Call Rachel at **(805) 646 8343 #134 to r.s.v.p. so that we are prepared
for your arrival.*

www.ojaifoundation.org

--
"If there is any positive side to stark changes coming our way, it may be in
the benefits of close communal relations, of having to really work

Years from now, when we hear singing at all, we will hear ourselves, and we
will sing with our whole hearts."

"The Long Emergency", 2005, by James Howard Kunstler, Grove/Atlantic, Inc.,
publisher.