[Scpg] Job opening: sustainable farm supervisor in Templeton

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Sat Sep 22 11:17:16 PDT 2007

Bob Banner passed this job opportunity along to us.  Please don't reply to
the list.  The e-mail address to contact if you're  interested is at the bottom
of this post.

fall cheers,

Linda

Position: SUSTAINABLE FARM SUPERVISOR

Location: TEMPLETON (CALIFORNIA CENTRAL  COAST)

Start Date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

We are an educational non-profit organization in the  process of developing a
farm and educational center on a beautiful 80 acre  parcel in California. We
are situated 15 miles from the coastline in the middle  of the premier Central
California wine country. We are looking for someone who  would love the
opportunity to be a part of the initial development of the  grounds and farm based
on Permaculture Design principles.

QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE

    *   A passion and commitment to the philosophies of  Permaculture
practices and organic farming is essential
    *   Experience or willingness to learn about  sustainable water and
energy design as well as the ability to implement these  designs
    *   Ability to work with others and potentially  supervise other workers
    *   A desire to work and live in a community  setting
    *   Physical fitness and a desire to be  hands-on

JOB DESCRIPTION

Work under the supervision of the Director to  undertake all necessary farm
and grounds development and maintenance  including:

    *   Soil preparation, composting
    *   Operating farm equipment and tractor
    *   Crop planting and seeding
    *   Crop and grounds management
    *   Minor construction of infrastructure

This is a paid position (salary based on experience)  and housing can be
supplied

Please send information about  yourself to _pjhuber at mac.com_
(mailto:pjhuber at mac.com)