[Scpg] more on Ventura cob - tomorrow night

Rachel Morris rachelmorris at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 10 11:18:10 PDT 2007

Dear Hobbit House Enthusiasts,

You might have seen that tomorrow night at Farmer and the Cook, there will
be a fairly informal presentation about a current cob building project in
Ventura. I'll be sharing about basic concepts of creating an earthen
building in this location. Be sure to bring your burning questions about
how-to. This isn't a theoretical discussion, this is a brass-tacks dialog
about how we're doing it. If that sounds like fun to you - I'd love to see
you there.

Our little structure is very close to getting a roof on it. It's 9.5 feet on
the outside, and 7.5 feet on the inside. I'm calling it a "garden studio,"
and if technology is cooperating, you'll see a few slides about the
progress. (Doug and I are both computer nerd/ musicians, not builders till
now. So don't be shy.) You can get healthy refreshments at the location.

Urban Cob in Ventura with Rachel Morris

Thursday, October 11

6:30 to 8 p.m.

Farmer
<http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=339+El+Roblar,+Meiners+Oaks+california&
um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl>  and the Cook (restaurant and store)

339 El Roblar, Meiners Oaks

$10  (All proceeds go the Natural Building Network -  no one turned away for
lack of funds)

Kind Regards,

-Rachel