[Scpg] A Very Special Evening, Ed Mendoza & Indigenous Permaculture de Aztlan/Sat, Oct 27, 6:30-9pm

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Oct 22 04:17:12 PDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

We have a wonderful event coming up we hope the whole Santa Barbara
permaculture community will come out and be a part of!  We can use
some help with set-up the evening of the event if you'd like to help
with that, and we could especially use help with music, if you know
of any musicians that might want to donate a couple of hours for this
worthy cause.  Raffle items would be greatly appreciated to help
raise funds for Indigenous Permaculture de Aztlan and the work they do.

<<<<<>>>>>>

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network Presents:

Food, Culture & Future Generations

with Ed Mendoza

of Indigenous Permaculture de Aztlan

Food, Music & Raffle

Saturday, October 27, 6:30-9pm

at La Casa de la Raza, 601 E. Montecito Street, Santa Barbara, CA

Come for an evening of sharing, learn about Permaculture and
Indigenous Permaculture de Aztlan,

with projects in Arizona, Baja, Central and South America.

Ed Mendoza is a farmer, poet, activist and Director of Indigenous
Permaculture de Aztlan. A native of Santa Barbara graduating from Cal
Poly SLO, he currently works on the Gila River Indian Reservation in
Arizona promoting the use and production of traditional crops and
seed saving for future generations. Formerly on the Board of Native
Seed Search, he remains a consultant working on dietary research
related to Diabetes. He is a part of the teaching team for Indigenous
Permaculture ( www.indigenous-permaculture.org ) with a yearly course
in Santa Fe, NM. The purpose of Indigenous Permaculture de Aztlan is
to assist indigenous nations learn the means to be economically self
sufficient and to respect culture and ceremony, to restore lands for
future generations, with youth trained in permaculture and other
sustainability skills such as rainwater harvesting, polycultures,
aquaculture, & solar energy, travel to Central & South America to help.

Special Raffle at event helps raise funds to make travel possible to
communities that have reached out for help. Recently in Belize and
Guatemala, next project takes place in Baja, Calif, with the Seri
Indian community.

Permaculture (PERMAnent agriCULTURE), a design system based on ecological
  principles for creating sustainable human environments

Sponsors: Santa Barbara Permaculture Network & La Casa de la Raza

For more information, (805) 962-2571,
<mailto:margie at sbpermaculture.org>margie at sbpermaculture.org ,
www.sbpermaculture.org

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous