[Scpg] Shop Local/Holiday Market Place, SB Botanic Garden, NOV 17 & 18

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Sun Nov 11 09:06:47 PST 2007

Botanic Garden Holiday Marketplace

Hi Everyone, a chance to shop really local, a wonderful event that
showcases local artisans, and this year, includes businesses like
Teeccino herbal coffee, made here in SB, practices fair trade with
products used; also Arcobaleno, featuring Fair trade ethically
produced global imports, including SweetEarth Chocolates! (made in
San Luis Obispo, but of course chocolate coming from somewhere else,
so need to think about a company that practices fair trade ethics
when buying your holiday chocolate).  Come up for a day, shop in a
beautiful stress free setting, support shop manager Gail Meadows, who
has supported us through the years by so willing stocking the shelves
of the gift shop with any book we thought of on Sustainability &
Permaculture, we are thankful.  Margie Bushman, SB Permaculture Network
  Santa Barbara Botanic Garden

  Holiday Marketplace

November 17 through November 18

10am-4pm

The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden celebrates an artful tradition with
its annual Holiday Market Place. Just in time for your holiday gift
giving, more than 30 local artists, the Garden Guild, and current
Gift Shop vendors will showcase an enticing and exciting display of
nature-related, handcrafted items. From fine art to folk art there
will be delightful stocking stuffers, succulent wreaths, herbal
products, incredible gourd creations, local olive oil & honey, metal
work, fine jewelry, scented sculptural soaps, ceramics, luscious
edible gifts and much, much more! So come out and meet the artists
and enjoy a wonderful Botanic Garden shopping experience!

10% discount for Members. Parking is free

For more information, contact (805) 682-4726, ext. 112, or online at
<http://www.SantaBarbaraBotanicGarden.org>www.SantaBarbaraBotanicGarden.org.

The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, 1212 Mission Canyon Road, Santa
Barbara, CA 93105.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous