[Scpg] Bioneers Plenary DVD watching and Veg. Potluck, Sunday, Dec. 2, 6:00 PM

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Nov 29 22:48:24 PST 2007

Sunday, December 2, 6:00 PM

Come to a Vegetarian Potluck and watch The Bioneeers Plenaries at the
Brobergs' Home in Sycamore Canyon.

We purchased the 2007 DVD set because the talks were so remarkable we
would like to share them.  We will show 2 of the 15 recorded plenary
talks.  We will keep these evenings going as long as there is
interest.  Also, we hope to get the talks on Public Access.

Wallace J. Nichols:  A Brave New Ocean, or an Ocean Revolution
Senior scientist at the Ocean Conservancy and ocean activist
extraordinaire explains how space-based research and new deep sea
technologies have resulted in an explosion of information about the
ocean.  To change our destructive course we must harness this
knowledge, make it accessible to everyone and creatively communicate
what the state of the oceans means to the future of life on our planet.

Winona Laduke:  Seeds the Creator Gave Us
This renowned indigenous rights leader and two-time Green Party US
Vice Presidential candidate highlights the struggles of indigenous
peoples to protect their food sovereignty, restore their food systems
and protect their cultures and foods from genetic modification.

Please come and bring your friends:

December 2, Sunday, 6:00 PM for start of the Vegetarian Potluck, DVDs to follow

John & Sharon Broberg    slbroberg at cox.net
962-6871
545 Conejo Rd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93103

Directions:

 From the north:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

Hwy 101, take Milpas Exit.  Go left at the end of the off
ramp.  Proceed with the same directions below:

 From the south:

Hwy 101, take the Milpas Exit.  Go right at the end of the off ramp

Round the roundabout, stay on Milpas.

Right on Montecito St. at traffic light.

Proceed to another roundabout.

Follow the detour signs.  Right up the hill on APS (Alameda Padre
Serra) past Cleveland School.  If you don't pass Cleveland School,
you went the wrong way on APS.

The road curves to the left and becomes Eucalyptus Hill Rd for about 100 yards.

Turn left on Barker Pass Road.

Left on Sycamore Cyn Rd.

Keep following the detour signs.

Turn right on Stanwood Dr.

First left on Conejo Rd.

First driveway on the right
Plenty of parking on Stanwood Dr. on either side of Conejo Rd.