[Scpg] Ojai Foundation Winter Work Retreat Feb 14-29, 2008

Rachel Dawson radiantearth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:21:17 PST 2008

The Ojai Foundation is pleased to present our

*Winter Work Retreat*

*A Two Week Immersion in Mindful Service and Ceremonial Practices*

*Step out of time for a moment to experience earth-centered, heartfelt
community living*

February 14th through February 29th, 2008

Includes:

Natural Building Workshops

and

Personal Vision Quest

and Sweat Lodge Ceremony

Facilitators:

Rachel Dawson and Judy Piazza

with Paul Perrota

$250 with 40 hours of service work

Be of service to our 40 acres of beautiful semi-wilderness land and live
close to nature as you experience the ceremonial practices and philosophies
on which The Ojai Foundation bases its work.

Also includes: Hands-on Projects such as Garden and Trail Maintenance, Land
Walk and Orientation to The Ojai Foundation, The Way of Council, Medicine
Wheel Teachings, Mindfulness Practices, Daily Meditation, Co-Created
Community Meals, Arts Evening, and Rustic Shared Accommodations

First trained in the Yaqui way, Paul has been guiding Sweat Lodge ceremonies
for over 15 years to help others develop and nurture an intimate
relationship with nature and with self.

Judy is well known for her work in deep ecology, music, rhythm, sound and
ceremonial practices to connect us with the sacred elements.
www.resonanceandrhythms.com

Rachel is The Ojai Foundation's Path of Service and Gardens Coordinator.  She
comes to us from TreePeople in Los Angeles where she worked with thousands
of volunteers throughout the city, incorporating right planting techniques
and permaculture principles.

To apply, please contact

Rachel at pathofservice at ojaifoundation.org,

or call (805) 646-8343 x134

or visit our website: www.ojaifoundation.org

Space is limited. Please apply before February 5th

Other volunteer opportunities available are:

Days of Service:

January 12, 13

March 22, 23

April 19, 20

9-2 each day: hands-on service work with potluck lunch

Work Exchange:

On-going (except during Work Retreat months)

20 hours of service per week in exchange for tent space on The Ojai
Foundation land.

Please visit our website or call for more information.

The Ojai Foundation

9739 Ojai- Santa Paula Rd

Ojai, CA 93023

www.ojaifoundation.org

(805) 646-8343

--
"If there is any positive side to stark changes coming our way, it may be in
the benefits of close communal relations, of having to really work

Years from now, when we hear singing at all, we will hear ourselves, and we
will sing with our whole hearts."

"The Long Emergency", 2005, by James Howard Kunstler, Grove/Atlantic, Inc.,
publisher.