[Scpg] Best varieties for Southern California

Fitzsimmons, Mark A PWR Mark.Fitzsimmons at pwr.utc.com
Mon Feb 4 12:29:17 PST 2008

Devin,

Best apple for low chill in this region is Anna. Outstanding. I love my
Anna apples even more than my prior favorite, Gala. Very similar in
taste to Gala, they are very sweet and very tart at the same time. Make
good cider, apple pie, and excellent for eating, they keep for months.
My Anna has two flushes a year, with the second being somewhat smaller.

A good nurse plant is rosemary, also lavender and some varieties of
sage.