[Scpg] The PermiBus is Coming to Town! THE SKILLS FOR NEW MILLENNIUM TOUR Cultivating Revolutionary Ways of Living

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Feb 6 07:38:33 PST 2008

The PermiBus is Coming to Town! THE SKILLS FOR
NEW MILLENNIUM TOUR Cultivating Revolutionary Ways of Living

CONTACT INFORMATION:
150 Daly Ave Hamilton, MT 59840
(406)721-8427
<mailto:skillstour%40gmail.com>skillstour at gmail.com
www.permibus.org

Howdy Ya'll,

The long talked about training tour is getting ready
to launch. Below is the announcement and tour
itinerary in both in line text and as attachments.
  If you are interested in helping out by hosting
a training, providing us with
contacts along our route, or fundraising please
contact me at <mailto:skillstour at gmail.com>skillstour at gmail.com if possible.

The itinerary reflects the general timeframe we will
be in a certain area but course deviations of a few
hundred miles are absolutely possible at this point.
Remember if you are considering hosting a training it
does not have to be a huge event. We are happy to
teach 10 folks in someone's living room as well as
larger, more formal settings. We are not charging for
the trainings but plan on passing the hat to cover our
expenses (as well as donations from our supporters).

Blessed Be, Delyla

ANNOUNCING:
THE SKILLS FOR NEW MILLENNIUM TOUR
Cultivating Revolutionary Ways of Living

The PermiBus is Coming to Town!

The world as we currently know it is changing
fast  peak oil, climate change, globalization,
government infringement of personal rights
the list goes on.

What new world will emerge as we boldly step into
this new millennium?  What will you contribute to
shaping the future? What skills do you need to create your tomorrow?

The Skills for New Millennium Tour hits the road
in 2008 bringing a skill set that helps prepares
you to meet the challenges of the New Millennium.
We know change can be intimidating. Therefore,
the skills we offer; grounded in decades of
activism, poverty and spiritual consciousness;
emphasize making small, marginal changes that help you live what you believe.

The Earth Activist Training (EAT) PermiBus will
be on the road, visiting communities nationwide,
in order to offer you and your community
practical skills that help you wrest control of
your life from corporate hands. The PermiBus is a
40-foot mobile permaculture demonstration project
bus in progress; complete with solar power,
greywater systems, composting toilet, three dogs
and clutch of chickens.   Our goal?  To teach
practical skills that can be used to make you and
your community more sustainable.

The Skills for the New Millennium Tour offers
programs to anyone who wants to host a Skills
Event: individuals, community groups, high
schools, colleges, intentional
communities....  We know that community needs are
diverse, so we offer a wide variety of program
options that can be mixed and matched to best meet your needs.

Trainings are offered in three primary types of
empowered learning experiences: trainings,
facilitated discussions, and workshops in the
areas of homesteading skills, life skills, and citizenship skills.

WHAT CAN I DO TO SUPPORT THE SKILLS FOR NEW MILLENNIUM TOUR?

1) ORGANIZE SKILLS TOUR PROGRAMS IN YOUR
COMMUNITY: Attached is a general schedule of our
travels. Contact us if you are interested in
organizing trainings in your community. The
Skills Tour programs are designed to range from
small classes in the bus or your living room to
campus classrooms to larger venues with big groups.

2) DONATE MONEY: The Skills for a New Millennium
Tour does not charge for our programs. Instead we
ask for donations from those that attend as well
those of you who support our work. Please give a
generously as possible to support this important work.

3) ORGANIZE A FUNDRAISER IN YOUR COMMUNITY: As
well as personal donations we encourage you to
organize fundraisers in your community: have a
canning party, hold a house concert, tell your
friends about our work, pass the hat...when
working on the margins every little bit helps.

4) HELP OUR NETWORK GROW:  Connected up? Help
weave the web of sustainability. Introduce us to
your friends who might be interested in hosting a program in their community!

5) BE A GUEST TRAINER OR TRAINER IN TRAINING:
Know some of your own Skills for a New
Millennium?  Want to learn how to teach our
skills? Travel with the Skills Tour for a short
period of time learning, sharing and teaching others!

SKILLS FOR A NEW MILLENNIUM PROGRAMS:
(T=Training, W=Workshops, F=Facilitated Discussion)

HOMESTEADING SKILLS:
o       Permaculture Skills:
o       Permaculture Basics- Ethics and Principles (T)
o       Mobile permaculture demonstration (T)
o       Composting (W)
o       Water management (T/W)
o       Farm Animal Incorporation and Care (T)
o       Chickens (T)
o       Canning: Vegetables/Fruits/Salsa/ Pressure Cooking (W)
o       Home Butchering: Road Kill/ Chicken/Hog/Beef (W)
o       Sausage and Jerky Making (W)
o       Baking Standard / Vegan (W)
o       Tool Use and Maintenance (T)
o       Power Tool Use (W)
o       Cast Iron Use & Care (T/W)
And More!

o       LIFE SKILLS:
o       Basic Self Defense (T)
o       Community Conflict Resolution (F)
o       Security Culture (F)
o       Rearing Wild Children (F)
o       Writing Radical Poetry (W)
o       Teens Talk Sex (F)
o       Basic Archery (T)
o       Simple Car Maintenance And Repair (W)
o       Dog Training 101 (T)
o       Animal Health /First Aid (T)

o       CITIZENSHIP SKILLS:
o       Nonviolent Direct Action (T)
o       Health And Safety (T)
o       Community/Protest Medic (T)*
o       Media And Outreach (T)
o       Community Conflict Resolution (F)
o       Magical Activism (T)
o       Know Your Rights (T)
o       Consensus (T)
And More!

Some offerings may be combined. Please contact us
in order to plan the best set of offerings for
your
community.
*16-20 hour training.

skillstour at gmail.com
www.myspace.com/skillstour
coming soon permibus

AREA/CITY                                     DATES

BAY AREA-SANTA ROSA         02/01/08 - 02/09/08
PRESCOTT, AZ                            02/20/08 - 02/25/08
PHOENIX, AZ                              02/24/08 - 02/29/08
TUCSON, AZ                                02/30/08 - 03/03/08
MONTROSE/DELTA, CO           03/05/08 - 03/10/08
GRAND JUNCTION, CO             03/11/08 - 03/12/08
EVERGREEN, CO                        03/13/08 - 03/19/08
DENVER, CO                               03/20/08 - 03/24/08
KANSAS/MISSOURI                   03/25/08 - 03/29/08
SALEM, MO                                 03/30/08 - 03/31/08
NASHVILLE, TN                         04/01/08 - 04/03/08
ASHVILLE, NC                            04/04/08 - 04/10/08
ATLANTA, GA                     04/11/08-04/15/08
BOONE, NC                                  04/16/08 - 04/22/08
BALTIMORE/DC                         04/24/08 - 05/05/08
PHILADELPHIA                          05/08/08 - 05/12/08
NEW YORK, NY                          05/14/08 - 05/25/08
BOSTON/VT/NH                          05/29/08 - 06/16/08
NORTH NY/PENN/OH                06/18/08 - 06/29/08
EF! RRR                                        06/30/08 - 07/07/08
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS                07/09/08 - 07/14/08
CHICAGO/N ILLINOIS               07/17/08 - 07/22/08
MADISON, WI                             07/24/08 - 07/30/08
MINNEAPOLIS/RNC PREP        08/01/08 - 08/25/08
RNC                                               08/26/08-09/03/08
ROCKY MOUNTAIN WEST       SEPT/OCT
NORTHWEST                       OCT/NOV
CALIFORNIA                          NOV/DEC