[Scpg] Friday, Feb 8 Interview on Sustainable World Radio with Author Dave Wann of Simple Prosperity , "Finding Real Wealth in a Sustainable Lifestyle" KCSB 91.9fm, 9-10am PST STREAMING LIVE

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Feb 7 07:15:56 PST 2008

PLEASE SHARE

Join Jill Cloutier of Sustainable World Radio ,
from 9-10am PST  for an live interview with
author  Dave Wann of  Simple Prosperity ,
"Finding Real Wealth in a Sustainable Lifestyle"

Sustainable World Radio: Friday 9am- 10am PST ,
Feb 8   KCSB 91.9 FM in Santa Barbara, California
and streaming live on www.kcsb.org.

(see booksigning events below in Ventura Feb7, SB
Feb 8, SLO Feb 9, Monterey Feb10 and more)

Best selling author David Wann presents 17 forms
of “real wealth” that can eradicate affluenza, a
pandemic he helped diagnose in the book,
Affluenza: The All-Consuming Epidemic. “When we
change a few key priorities and values, such as
what we mean by the word “success,” many of our
material wants will cease to be obsessions,” says
Wann. “Instead of fidgety, addictive consumption,
our lives can be filled with the real wealth of
sanity, health, hope, caring, connection, participation, and purpose.”

Sounds too good to be true? Wann’s new book,
Simple Prosperity , Finding Real Wealth in a
Sustainable Lifestyle www. davewann .com , draws
on the latest research to document how social
connections, good health, contact with nature,
stimulating work, leisure time, great
neighborhoods, and other forms of real wealth can
build up our immunity to affluenza. “As a result,
we become less vulnerable to the borrow-and-spend
mentality that’s backed the U.S. economy into a
corner,” says Wann. “By reevaluating many aspects
of daily life, including what we eat, where we
live, and what we buy, we’re starting to imagine
what a joyfully moderate, efficient,
compassionate lifestyle will look like. The good
news is that curing the pandemic of
over-consumption at both the personal and
cultural scale is not about giving up the good life but getting it back.”

David Wann is president of the non-profit
Sustainable Futures Society, a board member of
the Cohousing Association of the U.S., and a
fellow of the Simplicity Forum, an association of
writers and thinkers on the topic of sensible,
sustainable lifestyles. Wann has received various
lifetime achievement awards for his work on
sustainability. He’s been an passionate gardener
for 25 years and coordinates the community garden
in the neighborhood he helped design – Harmony
Village in Golden, Colorado. He’s written nine
books and produced many award-winning TV programs
and videos on sustainable design and sustainable lifestyles.

Sustainable World Radio: Friday mornings at 9:00
am PST on KCSB 91.9 FM in Santa Barbara,
California and streaming live on www.kcsb.org. .
Also found on  www.sustainableworldradio.com, or
www.radio4all.net later in the week

Book Tour for “Simple Prosperity” in California , Oregon and Colorado
                                               February 7-23, 2008

February 7, Ventura: Artbarn: 856 East Thompson
Blvd. (between Ash and Kalorama, behind Kids and
Families Together), 7:00 p.m. Ventura, 93001.
Contact Lynne Okun,: 805-338-2576 lbokun at earthlink.net

February 8:  KSCB 91.9 FM Sustainable World Radio
, 9:00 to 10 a.m., Santa Barbara. www.kcsb.org streamimg live

February 8, Santa Barbara: Santa Barbara Public
Library, Faulkner Gallery, 40 East Anapamu St, in
downtown Santa Barbara, 7:00 pm,  contact Wes 805-962-2571 lakinroe at silcom.com
Donation $5

February 9, San Luis Obispo: San Luis Obispo
City/County Library 995 Palm St, San Luis Obispo,
CA, 7 to 8:30 p.m.  Contact: Bob Banner, 805.544.9663 info at hopedance.org

February 10, Monterey: East Village Coffee House,
498 Washington St.,Monterey, Ca 93940. Contact:
Mika Gilmer, 831-236-0204, 6:30 p.m. mikagilmer at yahoo.com

February 12, Ukiah: The Saturday Afternoon Club,
107 S. Oak Street, Ukiah, CA 95482, 7:00 to 9:00
p.m. Sponsored by the Greater Ukiah Localization Project (GULP)
www.cloudforest.org/GULP, Contact: Cliff Paulin,
(707) 463-0413, cliffpaulin at hotmail.com .

February 15, San Francisco: Book signing at
Books, Inc., 7:00 p.m. 2551 Chestnut Street, San
Francisco, CA Contact: Rob Garcelon at 415-931-3633
st, 1500 Ninth Ave., Longmont, CO  80501  7 p.m.
www.ucclongmont.org 303-776-4940 Contact: Marian Parsons, kayakers at frii.com

February 20: Borders Bookstore, 2605 SW Cedar Hills Blvd., Beaverton, 7 p.m.
Contact: Lillian Knutsen at 503-644-6164

February 21: Catlin Gabel School, Cabell Center,
8825 SW Barnes Rd., Portland, OR 97225, 7:00 to
8:30 Contact Marie Godbey, mlgodbey at mac.com

February 23, First Congregational United Church
of Christ, 1500 Ninth Ave., Longmont,
CO  80501  7 p.m. www.ucclongmont.org
303-776-4940 Contact: Marian Parsons, kayakers at frii.com