[Scpg] opportunity to contribute to thousands of high school students

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 29 08:25:32 PST 2008

Some very esteemed publishers of an upcoming AP Environmental Science lab book have put out a call for labs.
  I incorporate permaculture into my AP env. sci class all the time but don't have anything ready to send it right away.  If any of you have some cool activities you think might fit the bill I'd love to flesh it out into the format they are looking for and we can co-submit.  If approved there is a small ($200) stipend which I'd be happy to split or donate to a worthy cause!
  I think we can easily contribute a more holistic understanding of these topics!
  Let's do it!
  Joan
  323-630-4673

  Here are the list of desired lab topics:
  Lab Topic Areas
  1. Environmental Problems: Tragedy of the Commons; Population/Resources/Pollution
  2. Science, Systems, Matter, and Energy
  3. Biodiversity (Terrestrial/Aquatic)
  4. Ecology (Terrestrial/Aquatic)
  5. Soil
  6. Evolution
  7. Geologic Processes and Environmental Geology
  8. Community Ecology
  9. Population Ecology
  10. The Human Population
  11. Pest Management
  12. Water Resources
  13. Water Pollution
  14. Energy: Conservation/Efficiency/Renewable/Nonrenewable
  15. Air Pollution
  16. Climate Change
  17. Environmental and Human Health
  18. Solid and Hazardous Waste
  19. Environmental Law and Policy
  20. Environmental Ethics
  21. Environmental Economics

"People cannot discover new lands until they have the courage to lose sight of the shore"  Andre Gide