[Scpg] Green Manure

Michael and Trish Hernandez crazymiles at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 19 08:51:55 PDT 2008

Fava Beans with out rototilling. Our garden is covered with a
gorgeous winter cover crop. What's the best way to chop and drop the
beans without rototilling? Chop then, then cover them with more
mulch? How much of the root needs to be tilled back into the soil?
I've read that we need to mulch the beans and let them the area sit
for 2 weeks before planting, which is now! Would love some feedback.
---------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet
day, I can hear her breathing."
"Arundhati Roy"