[Scpg] Plan Santa Barbara Development Trends Workshops Saturday April 19th 9am-12pm or Wed April 23rd 6-9pm

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Apr 19 16:32:44 PDT 2008

----------

The Santa Barbara General Plan Update process is back to the
community for input! City staff and Planning Commissioners heard from
the community last summer and fall and recognize that solutions to
the challenges lie under the umbrella of sustainable practices. The
bigger hurdle is defining what sustainability means to Santa Barbara
and subsequent solutions to what, where and how we grow as a City.

Same workshops two opportunities to attend:
Faulkner Gallery, SB Public Library 40 E Anapamu
Saturday April 19th 9am-12pm,
Wednesday April 23rd 6-9pm

These workshops are important to attend we will be reviewing the
considerations for solutions to the challenges SB is facing.  These
workshops will provide input to policy directives to be confirmed by
the community in the next round (this summer). Ideally, the community
will be ready to own their solutions and be willing to tackle them
head on with commitment.

What to do to prepare if so inclined:
Review documents online.
The CTI executive summary, 2005
The Community Summary Input Report, Dec 2007
Development Trends Report, March 2008
Review Process Chart for background on where we are in the process

Otherwise:
Bring yourself and your friends and family!
Be ready to participate in breakout groups and have your voice heard
by the community, Planning Commissioners and staff. Comment cards
will be provided and valued as well.

LINKS:
Document Library
<http://www.youplansb.org/docs.php>http://www.youplansb.org/docs.php