[Scpg] Seeds for Haiti

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 10:31:00 PDT 2008

I have been in touch for a couple of years with a woman who is collecting vegetable seeds for distribution to Haiti so that people can grow their own food. I am also encouraging her to get in touch with local Permaculture projects so that she can tap into their expertise in land restoration and food forests. But in the meantime, the need is critical and annual seeds to grow vegetables will help enormously.? Open pollinated seeds would be preferable so that the local people can seed save and build their own seed reserves.

Below is her e-mail, and her address where you can send the seeds:

I just returned from Haiti on a mission trip. I'm sure that you have heard about all the hunger riots in Haiti. We went during all of this, but made it in and out OK. I?have taken the?seeds with me that?were donated, but the need is so great and I need more to send. The people can really benefit from seed right now. So I am asking for donations of seed and I?will mail?them to our Bible worker there and he is going to give them to the area pastors to give to the families. Any amount would be helpful. Can you help me? Or do you know others that might want to help, too?
?

Thank you so much!!

Brenda Cooper

1749 S. Dick Creek Rd.