[Scpg] Ojai Permaculture Guild: Next gathering on Sunday, June 1

Sara Benjamin sarabrookebenjamin at gmail.com
Tue May 20 22:54:42 PDT 2008

 Dear Ojai Permaculture Folks,

Thank you so much for coming and sharing a lovely afternoon under the
oaks. Such a sweet Mother's Day! It feels really good to be building on the
connections of our permaculture-inspired community here in Ojai.

In this email you will find:

1) Details about our next gathering, scheduled for Sunday, June 1
2) Some fun things you might like to help with*...*
3) Link to sign up for the "South Coast Permaculture Guild" (SCPG) email
list  (recommended!)
4) Our WiserEarth Group has been set-up!
 *1) Details about our next gathering, scheduled for Sunday, June 1 *

We will be gathering on Sunday, June 1 at the Help of Ojai West Campus/Honor
Farm located at the intersection of Rice Rd. and Hwy 150 (aka Baldwin
Rd.)  from 1-3p (poster and map attached). We are meeting near the Support
Center bldg., next to the parking lot and  marked with a purple X on the
map. If you get lost, you can call Millenium at 558-0858.
We will be walking the land together with an eye toward Permaculture design
possibilities, so you may want to bring water, a sun hat, a snack, and
something comfy to sit on (foxtails abound!).  Also, please bring your ideas
for a clear, concise, foundational mission statement for our group.
*There will be 40-50 young mulberry trees (2-3 ft. tall) looking for good
homes, so come prepared to take fruit trees home with you, too! ***

 *2) Some fun things you might like to help with...*

 -Anyone excited to host a movie night/potluck dinner sometime? Does anyone
want to be the anchor for organizing a series of potluck/ movie nights?
(Sara has access to a digital projector and may be able to wrangle up Bill
Mollison's "Global Gardener" for our first evening...)

-Does anyone have any permaculture-related DVD movies that would be good for
this group to watch together? Any films you don't have, but really want to
see?

-Print and help post the attached poster around the Valley. *Thank you David
for being our Poster-creator! *

-Did anyone somone take a bookmark home from our last meeting w/ the
Permaculture Principles listed on it? Sara is trying to re-locate this so
she can make more to share!

-Anyone inspired to help as administrator of our new WiserEarth online
Group? You could help us manage the group, post events, etc.

-Would be great if we could get input from everyone regarding our mission.
Then we can wordsmith it into a clear, concise mission statement. Bring your
ideas to the June 1 gathering!
**
*3) Link to sign up for the "South Coast Permaculture Guild" (SCPG) email
list  (recommended!)*
**
This is THE list to post and recevie email information regarding
Permaculture-happenings in our area:
  *4) Our WiserEarth Group has been set-up!*

You should receive an invitation email shortly after this email. Let me know
if this does not come through. This group will serve as a central location
to view and post content, participate in ongoing discussions, post events,
upload resources to share, etc. WiserEarth is a community directory and
networking forum that maps and connects non-governmental organizations
(NGOs) and individuals who are transforming the world ... It is the ideal
online forum for Permaculture Guilds and actually provides visualizations of
our interconnected webs of relationship! (Anyone feeling called to help with
administration of this Group?)

Happy Full Moon!

-Sara
PLEASE NOTE MY NEW ADDRESS: SaraBrookeBenjamin at gmail.com

I may not receive emails sent to my old Yahoo account. Thanks!

><((((º>`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸. ·´¯`·.¸. , ..

Sara Benjamin
"Once Upon a Wetland…" Project Director
Oak Grove School
220 West Lomita Avenue