[Scpg] Looking for a perma-friendly roommate by mid June or July 1st

Joan Stevens jstevens at ausd.net
Wed May 21 10:21:39 PDT 2008

Spread the word on a great living situation just opened up in East Los Angeles!

I'm looking for just the right roommate to share a great house in Eagle Rock - incredible views from every window - built in the 20s and lots of charm and a nice yard. Rent is $1000/month with $1000 deposit. The place is really gorgeous. Amenities include gas fireplace, (brand new) gas stove, washer and dryer.

I am a busy professional in my late 30s. I am into sustainability and growing food, teach yoga and permaculture and high school science.  I have 3 house rabbits who mostly reside in my bedroom.

Ideal roommate is 30s to 40s, professional.
Need to have excellent credit (landlord is a stickler)
Clean but not uptight (willing to spend time sweeping, dusting, etc. once a week, does dishes at least within a day of getting them dirty
Yoga and/or meditation practice
Good diet (no junk food junkies!)
No heavy drinkers or drugs (Occasional use not a problem)
Communicates about what's going on in a respectful, responsible manner
Pays bills on time
Enjoys having people over on weekends (low key during weekdays)
Pluses if you are:
Tech savvy (have a nice tv and blue-ray dvd which the house currently is missing!)
Handy, lots of practical skills
Very environmentally aware, alert, active

I aspire to having home be a sanctuary so that whoever comes to visit leaves feeling inspired, renewed, and great about life. If you are up for that too please reply!
Joan
mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net