[Scpg] 1st PCDC at Mountain Homestead in Southern Oregon!!

Phil Hacker iphilgood at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:06:00 PDT 2008

HANDS-ON PERMACULTURE DESIGN & IMPLEMENTATION COURSE
Oregon South Coast

Dates:  September 8 – 25, 2008
Location: Coquille, OR

process of transforming inhabited wild landscape into an anthropocentric
ecology in the midst of conserved Oregon Coastal Rainforest.  Topics include
water supply and storage, drainage, trails and access, food forest design,
soil building, multi-story horticulture, ponds, swales and aquaculture,
solar and hydro power, ethnobotany, natural building, forest complexity
restoration and commercial ecoforestry.

Join us as we continue to design and implement the rest of our 11 year old,
3.5 acre homestead.  Tom Ward has guided the evolution of the design since
1999.  The 400 acre site is home to both Mountain Homestead Intentional
Community and Cob Cottage Co., who began their Natural Building School here
in 2001.

Graduates are welcome to stay after the course on a work trade basis to
continue projects.

 Instructors: Tom Ward, Chip Boggs, Ish Shalom, Guests

Costs: $500-800, sliding scale (plus your exertion!)  Camping and showers
provided, organic vegetarian/vegan meals.

Contact: Ish Shalom, 541-396-4764, ish.shalom at gmail.com
P.O Box 905 Coquille, OR, 97423