[Scpg] UC/CSU/CCC Sustainability Conference July 31-Aug 3 at Cal Poly, SLO

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Wed Jun 4 07:40:14 PDT 2008

Early Bird Discounted Registration Fee Extended Through June 6th for the
UC/CSU/CCC Sustainability Conference

7th Annual UC/CSU/CCC Sustainability Conference at Cal  Poly, San Luis Obispo
July 31st-August 3rd,  2008
http://sustainability.calpoly.edu/

This year's conference seeks  to highlight successful examples of projects
implemented in the following  areas:

Curriculum and Research / Energy / Food  Systems / Green Building - New
Construction /
Green Building - Operations,  Maintenance, and Renovations /
Institutionalizing Sustainability / Procurement  and Sustainable Business Practices / Student
Affairs /
Transportation / Waste  Reduction and Recycling / Water, Agriculture and
Landscaping

New  topics added in 2008:
Medical Centers, Nursing Schools  and Student Health Facilities
Social Equity and Green  Economy

2008 Conference Theme:
This year  our theme will be "Putting Sustainability to Work".  This theme
calls on us  to build a green economy and train our students for jobs in a
sustainable world.

IMPORTANT Annoucements/Updates:
Close to 700 people already  registered!
The Early Bird Registration Fee is extended through June 6th, so  register
soon! Fees increase by $30-$50 for all registrants!!!
Poster call is  now online at:
http://sustainability.calpoly.edu/proposals.html
Student  Convergence is looking for exciting student projects to highlight
and student  leaders wanting to do workshops, please email
tianakamen at umail.ucsb.edu if you  are interested.

The UC/CSU/CCC Sustainability Conference was established  in 2001 for the
exchange of best practices between people engaged in or seeking  to learn more
about campus sustainability covering the spectrum from teaching  and academic
research to all aspects of campus operations. In 2008, the  sustainability
conference will be hosted at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, the first  time ever at a
California State University (CSU) campus!

View the  conference sessions at:
http://sustainability.calpoly.edu/tracks.html

Deadlines:
Please register by this Friday June 6th in order to get  the early bird
discounts.  Also please note that the conference is expected  to be sold out this
year, so we encourage early registration.

Student Scholarships:
If you are interested in student scholarships  please download a scholarship
application at  http://sustainability.calpoly.edu/register.html and email the
completed  application to kmaynard at geog.ucsb.edu. Scholarship applications
will be reviewed  as they are received and so early submittal will ensure you the
best chance at  receiving support.

Housing:  Hotel room blocks are available as well  as on campus housing. The
conference organizers have identified some low income  housing options which
you can learn about at:
http://sustainability.calpoly.edu/accommodations_alternative.html

For  more information, visit http://sustainability.calpoly.edu

Please  distribute this announcement widely and please copy us if you forward
it on so  that we can see how far the announcement goes.
--
Prof. Margot McDonald,  AIA, LEED-AP
Host Campus Chair, UC/CSU/CCC Sustainability Conference  2008
mmcdonal at calpoly.edu
sustainability at calpoly.edu

Katie Maynard
Sustainability  Coordinator, UCSB
UC/CSU/CCC Sustainability Conference Organizer
805-893-2003
Fax 805-893-3146
kmaynard at geog.ucsb.edu

Reduce  waste - please don't print this e-mail unless you really need  to!

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.