[Scpg] Summer Internship at La'akea Community Hawaii July 23 - August 20, 2008

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Jun 7 23:19:12 PDT 2008

Learn in Hawai’i this Summer!

*Sustainability
*Permaculture
*Intentional Community

July 23 - August 20, 2008
Summer Internship at La'akea Community

Learn: about tropical permaculture on a completely off-grid 23 acre
farm. Solar energy, exotic fruit forests, composting systems, and
gravity fed - catchment water systems are but a few of the applied
systems which will be omnipresent in your life here.

Experience: non-violent communication, transparency, peer counseling and
other skills that build trust and intimacy as part of community life.

Adventure: to nearby beaches, snorkel coral reefs, explore geothermal
steam vents and caves, view molten flowing lava and visit other
permaculture farms.

Fee: $600
Delicious food (mostly organic and from the land) and incidentals
included.  Covered camping – bring your own tent and sleeping pad/bag.
Program limited to ten individuals.

La’akea Community is a cooperatively-owned intentional community on the
big island of Hawai’i.  We make our decisions by consensus.  For more
information and to apply go to:

<http://www.permaculture-hawaii.com>http://www.permaculture-hawaii.com

Or e-mail:

laakea at permaculture-hawaii.com