[Scpg] Film Screening & Local Food Potluck

Path to Freedom dervaes at pathtofreedom.com
Wed Jun 18 06:14:09 PDT 2008

Path to Freedom Urban Homestead Hosts Film Screening and Local Food Potluck

WHAT: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO MONSANTO film screening and "local food"
potluck (please no alcoholic beverages on school campus)
WHEN: Sunday June 29th (6:00 PM - 10:00 PM) film screening preceded by
potluck
WHERE: 651 N Orange Grove Blvd, Pasadena, CA (school adjacent to the urban
homestead)
FEE: $10-$15 donation
Please RSVP <http://www.pathtofreedom.com/form/eventregistration.htm>
(space is limited!)

To reserve your seat please sign
<http://www.pathtofreedom.com/form/eventregistration.htm>  up or call
626.844.4586

:: EVENT SCHEDULE ::

6:00 - 7:00 pm - "100 Mile" Potluck
7:30 - 8:30 pm - Film screening: 'The World According to Monsanto'

:: Film Description ::

The World According to Monsanto (109 min) - A documentary that Americans
won't ever see. The gigantic biotech corporation Monsanto is threatening to
destroy the agricultural biodiversity which has served mankind for thousands
of years.

The French documentary, called "The world according to Monsanto" and
directed by independent filmmaker Marie-Monique Robin, paints a grim picture
of a company with a long track record of environmental crimes and health
scandals. - Greenpeace

:: 'Local Food Potluck' ::

If not FROM BACKYARD then locally produced.
If not LOCALLY PRODUCED, then Organic.
If not ORGANIC, then Family farm.
If not FAMILY FARM, then Local business.
If not a LOCAL BUSINESS, then Fair Trade.

:: MAP & DRIVING DIRECTIONS ::

This venue is located in the foothills above Los Angeles, near the Rose
Bowl, Old Towne Pasadena, Memorial Park Gold Line Station, and the 210, 110
and 134 freeways. (view map and driving directions
<http://www.pathtofreedom.com/location.htm> )

:: ZERO WASTE & LOW IMPACT ::

We, at Path to Freedom, endeavor to make our each of our events as "eco-
friendly" as possible. We have instigated a "low or zero waste policy" by
providing reusable plates, cups, and utensils to ensure there is no
unnecessary waste. All other waste (i.e., plastic wrappers, glass bottles,
food containers, etc) and food scraps are recycled, reused, composted or fed
to our pet chickens and ducks.

:: MORE INFORMATION ::

For more information
http://urbanhomestead.org/journal/2008/06/16/film-screening/