[Scpg] Job opportunity for organic gardener, permaculturist

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Fri Jul 11 09:11:40 PDT 2008

Farmer, landscaper, organic gardener, plants, animals,  permaculture
Position: SUSTAINABLE ORGANIC FARMER

Location:  TEMPLETON (CALIFORNIA CENTRAL COAST)

Start Date: AS SOON AS  POSSIBLE

We are an educational non-profit organization in  the process of developing
our gardens on a beautiful 45 acre parcel with  adjacent 35 acres developing
small eco community. We are situated 15 miles  from the coastline in the middle
of the premier Central California wine  country. We are looking for someone
who would love the opportunity to be a  part of the initial development of the
grounds and farm based on permaculture  design and principles.

QUALIFICATIONS AND  EXPERIENCE

A passion and commitment to the philosophies  of permaculture practices and
organic farming is essential
Experience  or willingness to learn about sustainable water and energy design
as well as  the ability to implement these designs
Ability to work with others  and potentially supervise other workers
A desire to work and live in  a community setting
Physical fitness and a desire to be  hands-on

JOB DESCRIPTION

Work under the  supervision of the Director to undertake all necessary farm
and grounds  development and maintenance including:

Soil preparation,  composting
Operating farm equipment and tractor
Crop  planting and seeding
Crop and grounds maintenance
Minor  construction of infrastructure
Maintain Irrigation  systems

Salary $1,000 per month plus room, utilities and some  meals.

    *   Location: Templeton
    *   Compensation: Room, utilities including hight speed internet, some
meals  and benefits, $1,000 per month
    *   This is at a non-profit organization

Please reply to Peter Huber at _pjhuber at mac.com_ (mailto:pjhuber at mac.com)