[Scpg] Update from the Okanogan; Medicinal Herbs & Permaculture!

Friends of the Trees michael at friendsofthetrees.net
Tue Aug 5 14:33:11 PDT 2008

An update from the Okanogan; Herbs and Permaculture!

Since March, my main focus has been establishing a new planting of medicinal
herbs, vegetables, berries and trees in the Okanogan valley near Tonasket,
North-central Washington. The two sites add up to one acre planted and I am
happy to report that most of the plants are doing well. After months of
financial outflow some crops are starting to generate income.

This week I am harvesting eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, green beans, peas,
basil, beets, fava beans, kale, radish pods, broccoli, and summer squash.
There are lots of melons, potatoes, winter squash and more to come. We have
been harvesting and shipping hundreds of pounds of medicinal herbs from the
farm and will have lots more harvests of the following herb crops: skullcap,
hyssop, holy basil, spilanthes, catnip, blessed thistle, bugleweed (Lycopus
americanus), motherwort, hops, milky oats, oatstraw, and fall roots.

WE NEED MORE MARKETS FOR OUR HERB CROPS. ANY IDEAS?

FARM VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

Participate in the day-to-day work of farming, harvesting, processing and
wildcrafting at Michael Pilarski’s Okanogan Biodiversity Farm. You provide a
tent and willing hands.  We provide food and share our outdoor living space.

Hands-on experience. Weekend, one week or longer.

August 7-18

August 25-September 5

September 18-30

All of October

We could use one intern for the remainder of the growing season.  Stipend
available dependent on experience. I am still looking for farming partners.

www.friendsofthetrees.net  http://www.friendsofthetrees.net

HOT OFF THE PRESS! - Forty Years with the Fairies

New Book Compiled by Michael Pilarski

FORTY YEARS WITH THE FAIRIES: Volume I of the Collected Fairy Manuscripts of
Daphne Charters. 353 pages. The most intimate look into the lives of nature
fairies ever published.

$20 plus $5 shipping and handling.
Send $25 to Friends of the Trees Society. PO Box 253, Twisp, WA 98856.

Forty Years with the Fairies - Daphne Charters
http://www.fairycongress.com/Daphne/daphne.htm

Washington State Permaculture Convergence

September 12-14, 2008  -  Friday-Sunday
Sahale Learning Center, Belfair, WA

The convergence is a way to strengthen information flow and cooperation
between permaculturists in the state of Washington; and to work on a vision of
how permaculture can better serve the people and land of Washington state. How
are permaculturists making their living doing consulting, installation,
teaching, etc?

This convergence will have some aspects of an organizational meeting for the
permaculture community.

The convergence will also be an educational event on gardening, water
catchments, forest gardens, terra preta soil, wildcrafting, bio-diesel and
other topics of interest for seasoned permaculturists and interested members
of the general public.

see the Convergence brochure!
http://www.friendsofthetrees.net/ESPC_poster.pdf

 Medicinal Herbs for sale

This is my 13th year as a commercial wildcrafter and grower of medicinal
herbs.  This is my main income source. Every year, the quality herbs I supply
to the trade are consumed by hundreds of thousands of people around the US.

May every herb I pick be blessed by the fairies.

Herb pricelist  http://www.friendsofthetrees.net

Sahale Permaculture Design Course

Sahale Retreat Center. Belfair, Washington. Southwestern Kitsap Peninsula.
March 2009. Michael Pilarski, Laura Sweaney and other instructors.

email Laura for more info  mailto:lauraflora at msn.com?subject=Sahale
Permaculture

The Fairy Congress was a success!!

The 8th Fairy & Human Relations Congress was a wonderful event once again.
Many people have told us that it changed their lives!

Lots of magical moments.  Highlights this year included Orion Foxwood’s
riveting performance at his two workshops; Fairy Funk” music by David
Lertzman, Michael McDonald and company at the Friday might concert; and the
Saturday evening ritual and fairy parade. As every year, the fairy energy
increases in intensity. The Sunday morning panel evolved even more into a
group discussion with many contributors. Aera headed up a great kitchen for
the 3rd year in a row. Hope & Randy Mead gave several great presentations on
orbs. Port Townsend song-leader, Laurence Cole, did a wonderful job in leading
us in many songs, rounds and musical moments in our circles.

R.J. Stewart, as always, contributed one of the most solid fairy workshops of
the event. We feel very blessed that R.J. has been part of our event since
it’s founding, as he is one of the foremost fairy experts of our time.

The dates for next year's Congress are June 26 - 28, 2009

www.fairycongress.com  http://www.fairycongress.com

Apology Letter

I owe letters of apology to many people at this time.  2008 has been a
difficult year for me. I went out on a financial limb for Friends of the Trees
Society’s annual tree sale and to put in my two new plantings (one acre
combined). As a result I still owe $2,000 to nurseries and have continuing
cashflow problem. My apologies if you are one of the few people or nurseries I
owe money to. There is light at the end of the tunnel as my harvests increase.
I should be able to catch up this summer.

Michael Pilarski

michael at friendsofthetrees.net
www.friendsofthetrees.net
no cell phone at this time

Use an explanatory subject line.
For quicker results - write “Respond quickly” as part of the subject line.

Fairy & Human Relations Congress - Skalitude Retreat Center, POB 74 - Carlton
- WA - 98114

To subscribe to this newsletter go to
https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/subscription.php?username=jkinsey&send_id=243895201&l=s&newsletter_id=1409712859
To change your address or edit your subscription preferences, go to
https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/subscription.php?username=jkinsey&send_id=243895201&l=p&email=scpg@arashi.com
To forward this email to a friend, go to
https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/forward.php?username=jkinsey&newsletter_id=1409712859&email=scpg@arashi.com&send_id=243895201
To report this email as spam, go to
https://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/tools/abuse_report.php?username=jkinsey&send_id=243895201&email=scpg@arashi.com

This email was sent using MyNewsletterBuilder.com.