[Scpg] Transition Town trainings in San Francisco area!

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Tue Aug 12 08:58:55 PDT 2008

Note: These trainings prepare people to implement the  Transition protocol
developed by permaculture teacher Rob Hopkins  and outlined in his new book "The
Transition Handbook: From  Oil Depletion to Local Resilience."

Dear All,

We are pleased to be able to offer the  _Transition Training_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001vpA1qbQW4e9TA4OiLdMsdbUKmc5h4ERStkkviRu23c1iYlWGuxEaTMZtpQp6qZTzO7
4YBdBu-b6CkpV98n0LHbBA8s_xb44XXoHmQGWIRh8xGFFzVLha2ZsSof3H7vt7GJYnTvKdN9FG2M_0
LN97Epqf0wreBxxcKwXxzi-IneI=)   courses here in Northern California in
November / December 2008.

Training for Transition (T4T): The first 2-day  course is scheduled for
November 17, 18 in the San Francisco area.  The exact location is yet to be
confirmed. The cost of attending T4T  is $200. Depending on the level of interest, we
will schedule a  second T4T in the Bay area for early  December.

Training the Trainers (TTT):  The first 4-day course is scheduled for
November 20, 21, 22, 23 also  in the San Francisco area. The exact location is yet to
be  confirmed. The cost of attending TTT is $500.

For anyone that takes both courses, the cost is $600.

Both courses will be taught by Naresh and Sophy who put  together the
original Transition Training courses in the UK.

We would like to offer bursaries to those who want to  take the training but
are short of funds. If any of you are willing  to make a donation over and
above the course fees, we will apply  your donation to the bursary fund.

The Transition Training  courses are being co-ordinated by Carolyn  Stayton.
Please contact her at _transitiontraining at gmail.com_
(mailto:transitiontraining at gmail.com)  for further  information, all bookings and enquiries.

Carolyne took  the "Training for Transition" course in Totnes, Devon earlier
this  year from Naresh and Sophy. Carolyne has a master's degree in  Nonprofit
Administration from the University of San Francisco and  has spent her career
developing programs in the charitable sector.  She is passionate about the
Transition movement and is helping to  develop Transition Initiatives in the US.

I hope  that as many of you as possible take the T4T training - it will
really help to get Transition Initiatives off the ground in your  communities. And
if we can increase the group of Transition Trainers  through attendees at
TTT, we will be able to offer more extensive  and speedier coverage of the US. We
have no time to  lose!

Best regards,

Pamela

Transition  Network - tackling peak oil and climate change  together
Pamela  A Gray, PhD
Trustee, Transition Network
77 Del Casa  Drive
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Tel: 415 388  8812

_Forward email_
(http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101472334420&ea=lbuzzell@aol.com&a=1102203583577)

(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001oGSL6wu1SRafojdydU9ZZq9tRT8p6sA5DLrVuI0zNweiWV7k_9j8SD_EEjFtKy0I&p=un)
This email was sent to lbuzzell at aol.com by _pamelagray at transitionnetwork.org_
(mailto:pamelagray at transitionnetwork.org) .
_Update Profile/Email Address_
(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001oGSL6wu1SRafojdydU9ZZq9tRT8p6sA5DLrVuI0zNweiWV7k_9j8SD_EEjFtKy0I&p=oo)  |
Instant  removal with _SafeUnsubscribe_
(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001oGSL6wu1SRafojdydU9ZZq9tRT8p6sA5DLrVuI0zNweiWV7k_9j8SD_EEjFtKy0I&p=un) ™
| _Privacy Policy_ (http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp)
.
_Email Marketing_
(http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_BusLet_003)  by
 (http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_BusLet_003)
Transition Penwith | 6 Penwith  Centre | Parade Street | Penzance | Cornwall
| TR18 4BU | United  Kingdom

Read reviews on AOL Autos.