[Scpg] Awakening the Naturalist Within: An Evening with Jon Young, Thursday, August 21 at 8pm

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Aug 18 11:48:30 PDT 2008

Awakening the Naturalist Within:   An Evening with Jon Young

Thursday, August 21 at 8pm
At the most basic level, we ARE nature. Humans are part of the
tapestry of life on this planet. Recently this connection has been
strained, and many children and adults have lost their relationship
with the natural world.  As a result we may be faced with a society
that does not fully understand nature or what nature can do to help
us live in a sustainable world.
Where:          Santa Barbara Natural History
Museum        Fleischmann Auditorium
2559 Puesta Del Sol, Santa Barbara
Cost:      Donations Appreciated $10-$20         Parking is free.
Join renowned Naturalist Jon Young, as he takes us on his journey of
discovery to learn more about the harmonious effects of nature in our
lives. Jon has been working for 25 years pioneering the blending of
Native mentoring techniques from around the world with the tools of
modern field ecology to reclaim our connection to nature.  Jon is
Cofounder of the Wilderness Awareness School, author of Coyote's
Guide to Connecting with Nature-for Kids of All Ages and Their Mentorrs.

  For more information visit:   www.wyp.org    or  www.sbnature.org
  or call Heather Lahr at (805) 682-4711 ext.170

[]

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
    an educational non-profit since 2000
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous

First Annual Southern California Permaculture Convergence August 2008
http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org