[Scpg] Living Roof Weekend: Friday Sept 26 and Saturday Sept 27: Ojai Foundation Council House Rooftop Planting

Rachel Dawson pathofservice at ojaifoundation.org
Fri Sep 19 13:32:24 PDT 2008

The planting season has begun!  The Ojai Foundation is looking for a few
good volunteers to help us plant our living roof on Friday Sept 26 and
Saturday Sept 27 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm each day.  Come for the day, come
for a few hours, spend the night or stay for the weekend!  We'd love to have
your support!  You could also come work with us, then head up to Quail
Springs to see two different living roof techniques!

We'll be plugging 20,000 sedum plants into the rooftop or our new council
house, with a beautiful view of the Topa Topa mountain range.  Wear sturdy
shoes and a large sunhat.  Bring a water bottle and your food for the day.
We'll provide filtered water, lemonade, some songs and some delicious home
grown grapes!

Please let me know if you're going to join us!

Many blessings,

Rachel Dawson

Land Steward and Path of Service Coordinator

The Ojai Foundation

www.ojaifoundation.org

(805) 646-8343 x134

--
"If there is any positive side to stark changes coming our way, it may be in
the benefits of close communal relations, of having to really work

Years from now, when we hear singing at all, we will hear ourselves, and we
will sing with our whole hearts."

"The Long Emergency", 2005, by James Howard Kunstler, Grove/Atlantic, Inc.,
publisher.