[Scpg] Gabriel Howearth needs help!! in intensive care in a private hospital in Puerta Vallarta/ needs help!!

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Oct 12 00:20:29 PDT 2008

Gabriel Howearth (courtesy, Baja Pony Express) - I want to let everyone
know that Gabriel Howearth of Buena Fortuna Gardens of La Ribera is in
intensive care in a private hospital in Puerta Vallarta being treated
for an ear infection that became meningitis and has now moved to his
brain. He is currently unconscious and is receiving continuous but
costly medical care. The hospital intends to cease treatment unless they
receive an immediate payment of $10,000.00.

My husband and I have arranged for $5,000.00 to be wired to the hospital
and are now trying desperately to raise the other $5,000.00. Many of you
know Gabriel and know that his work to save endangered plant species
benefits all of us by helping secure the world's food supply. He and his
lovely wife Kitzia have 2 small sons, ages 4 and 2 . The family was in
Puerta Vallarta consulting with a group of organic farmers who wanted to
learn everything that Gabriel could teach them about organic farming.
Gabiel is considered one of the world's experts in organic farming and
has an international reputation.

To make a contribution to his medical
treatment fund, please contact Bill Galt at williamgalt at aol.com or call
624-1136357 (Mexican Cell) or 858-3454167 (Vonage). Thank You. - Gail
Weaver, <http://www.google.com/goog411>www.google.com/goog411

Do you have any update?

Have you contacted people in the states to assist?  (We met with Gabriel
during his last trip back to Santa Barbara for the permaculture
workshops and presentations -- I'm sure that people there will be
concerned and will want to help.)

How can we contribute to his treatment fund?

Bob Bruegel