[Scpg] Geoff Lawton's Water Harvesting DVD available local online store

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Sun Oct 26 10:37:35 PDT 2008

Geoff Lawton's "Water Harvesting" DVD is available at Quail Springs online
store

http://www.quailsprings.org/content/view/99/90/ to learn more or to order

Join Geoff Lawton as he designs and builds a dam and swale system on a
client's small acre farm. Every detail is covered as we watch Geoff and his
students build a water harvesting system using the design principles of
Permaculture.

>From the producers of "Greening the Desert" comes over 60 minutes of
instructional information, featuring Geoff Lawton. It's like being there
with him. We see problems arise and witness the solutions that Geoff devises
to maximize 100% water retention on the property.

You will learn and understand many advanced concepts:

*	Inspecting at the site with Geoff
*	Surveying and understanding contours and problem areas
*	Planning the site using laser and dumpy levels
*	Connecting swales to maximize Water Harvesting
*	Briefing excavator drivers and what to look for
*	Clearing the site, subsoils and problem areas
*	Establishing the dam keyways, waterline level and freeboard
*	Building the dam and how not to collapse it
*	Spillways and diversion channels
*	and much more

Bonus Extras:
. Earthworks around the globe - a 30 minute story on Geoff working on dams
and swales around the world.
. Interview with Geoff Lawton - on Permaculture and its influences.

Running time: 60 minutes (not counting bonus extras).