[Scpg] Sources Legume seeds and plants?

L. Santoyo santoyo at earthflow.com
Tue Oct 28 12:22:11 PDT 2008

*Hey Sean,

I got some great one and five gallon Lucanea trees from Loren Luyendyk at
Santa Barbara Organics http://www.sborganics.com/Home.html -(but he's off
surfin' now to save the swales  -see their great blog at:
www.surferswithoutborders.blogspot.com )

Loren's trees my be available from Guner Tautrim <gunerandheidi at yahoo.com> at
Orella Ranch http://www.orellaranch.com/OR/Welcome.html .  These lucania
seeds are edible, viable and easy to propagate (flowers are little pink or
yellowish puffs) -I have some seed of more tropical varieties (I can try to
find them) that you may want to try on the south coast but may be too tender
for inland canyons of Malibu...

A seed source and a good resource journal for** Nitrogen Fixing Trees for
you below... **Overstory
**
happy Halloween,

Larry
*
------------------------------

http://agroforestry.net/overstory/index.html

------------------------------

*Organization Highlight: FACT Net (Farm, Community, and Tree Network)*
For information on nitrogen fixing trees, you may wish to contact Farm,
Community and Tree Network (FACT Net, formerly the Nitrogen Fixing Tree
Association) which is an international organization dedicated to stimulate
the use of multipurpose trees. Among the many publications FACT Net offers
at a reasonable cost, you will find comprehensive fact sheets on many
important NFTs as well as research reports, and agroforestry information.
Address: FACT Net <http://www.winrock.org/forestry/factnet.htm>, Winrock
International, Rt. 3, Box 376, Morrilton, Arkansas 72110, Internet: <
http://www.winrock.org/forestry/factnet.htm> Email:
forestry at msmail.winrock.org.

*Seed Source
*AgroForester Tropical Seeds can fill your requirements for a wide range of
high quality nitrogen fixing tree seed, as well as pure rhizobia inoculants.
For further informatio n contact us at
AgroForester<http://www.agroforester.com/agfor/agroforester.html>, or
link to <
http://www.agroforester.com/agfor/agroforester.html>