[Scpg] [CCTransitionTowns] "The most radical thing you can do is stay home"

Bob Banner info at hopedance.org
Tue Oct 28 12:04:43 PDT 2008

Hi Linda, thanks for posting this... I love the work of Rebecca
Solnit.. in fact all the Solnit family, David and Daniel as well.. all
bright intellectuals.

I posted the article on the DISCUSSION section at Transition CA for
people to discuss and make comments on it. The social networking site
makes discussing so much easier and with LESS emails. Here you go for
those who wish to venture into the world of social networking in the
Transition Town movement model:
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=2379767%3ATopic%3A1089

thanks

bob

On Oct 28, 2008, at 8:42 AM, LBUZZELL at aol.com wrote:

> We've reached Peak Travel, and relocalization is the next logical
> step.  Thanks to modern communications, we can stay in touch by
> text, voice and video but will probably be zooming around the planet
> less often. And as Solnit points out: "Perhaps the most radical
> thing you can do in our time is to start turning over the soil,
> loosening it up for the crops to settle in, and then stay home to
> tend them."
>
> Linda

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director
HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope
2975 Vineyard Dr.
Templeton, CA 93465

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web
info at hopedance.org
http://www.hopedance.org
805.369-0203

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.