[Scpg] Will you sponsor a bare-root fruit tree for Alpha Resource Center?

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 09:53:40 PST 2008

Dear  friends,
We have a wish list of  bare root fruit trees (below) that we're hoping to
plant in the permaculture  food forest at Alpha Resource Center, 4501 Cathedral
Oaks, in January. Each tree will cost approximately  $30.  If you'd like to
"sponsor" or donate a tree, please contact Larry Saltzman at
_lbsaltzman at aol.com_ (mailto:lbsaltzman at aol.com)  or Marisa  Bourke  at Alpha Resource Center at
_mbourke at alphasb.org_ (mailto:mbourke at alphasb.org)  for information on how
to make your tax-deductible donation to Alpha.  If you  like, you may be able
to honor someone with your donation, so this could be a  great holiday gift
with lasting value that will keep on giving to our community  for many years to
come!
And if you'd like a  tour of the garden at Alpha, please let us know...
For a more abundant  Santa Barbara,
Linda  Buzzell
ALPHA RESOURCE CENTER

Garden and Permaculture Food Forest
NEEDED:
Creekside of greenhouse  and shed, all along both buildings:
Approx 11 deciduous fruit trees (bushy,  tall, to cool down greenhouse from
western sun during  summer)
    1.  Blenheim  apricot
    2.  Gold Kist  apricot
    3.  Katy apricot
    4.  Flavor Delight  Aprium
    5.  Beauty plum
    6.  Burgundy plum
    7.  Satsuma plum
    8.  Plumcot
    9.  Panamint  nectarine
    10. Desert Dawn  nectarine
    11. Desert Delight  nectarine
Citrus  grove: 2  additional trees.
Moro blood orange
Valencia  orange
Near fragrance/rose bed  near front entrance: 2
Right of entrance path:
Fruit tree(s):  weeping Santa Rosa plum or Double Delight nectarine or Red
Baron peach
Left of entrance path near far driveway:
Larger tree: coffee cake persimmon, loquat or Pettingill  apple

5 Travel Deals!