[Scpg] Best permaculture design ideas for fire country?

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 07:34:06 PST 2008

Thanks Bob for really interesting ideas.  We could use permaculture  methods
and become the missing beavers!  By recontouring land, using  gabions to block
erosion, building dams into keyline points on the land, we  could rehydrate
it.  Also by planting deep rooted perennials, as you  describe.  What
perennials would best perform that function in our  area?

And I love the idea of someone starting a goat-renting service to clear
brush.  Is anyone doing that yet here? Great businesss for someone, with a
secondary yield of chevre plus wonderful manure and, when a goat gets older,  goat
meat for birria... Talk about stacking functions and maximizing  yields!

I love the idea of heritage cattle, too...

Really exciting ideas.

Linda

In a message dated 11/16/2008 4:24:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,