[Scpg] Report on a Rainwater Harvesting Training in Northern Liberia

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Mon Nov 24 10:27:40 PST 2008

>From Warren Brush:  I am here in Northern Liberia with good friend and
Permaculture colleague, Paul Swenson, where we have just finished teaching a
two-week intensive training for ex-combatants and war affected young and old
from many of the local tribes. The people of this region have recently found
peace after a brutal civil war that lasted for nearly 14 years.
The training was intensive both physically and mentally as we made a 1,250
gallon ferro-cement rainwater harvest storage tank from design to a finished
and functional tank. We also designed and built rainwater harvesting
bioswales as part of a larger on-the-ground exercise in designing a two acre
farm.  Click here for full story and pictures at Warren's blog
<http://web.mac.com/warrenbrush/Site/African_Permaculture/Entries/2008/11/23
_A_Rainwater_Harvesting_Trainingin_Northern_Liberia.html> .