[Scpg] Open Community Meeting on Permaculture, Fire Resistance

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 13:46:38 PST 2008

Open Community Meeting about Fire Resistant building and landscaping ideas
using Permaculture principles

The Santa Barbara Permaculture Guild is  having our monthly meeting on
Tuesday, December 2,  2008 at 7PM at Pueblo, 114 E. Haley Ste. E.  It is an open
meeting and the community is invited.

Because of the Tea Fire, we are offering information that is very timely  and
important, before people start to rebuild and rework their properties--if
they are interested.  The topic is Fire Resistant Building and Landscaping
Ideas Using Permaculture Principles. We do not and cannot guarantee that if you
follow these ideas, that your home and property will never burn, but we have a
lot of hard facts and ideas about plants, materials, and approaches that help
 properties be more fire resistant.  The ideas and suggestions that will be
discussed at the meeting are those that fit into our current city and/or
county  building codes. We may also discuss how government can support more
sustainable  building and planning for catastrophes. We will have a variety of
resources  presented, followed by a community discussion and brainstorming.
Everyone  is welcome to attend and participate.  We have a large community of
Permaculture designers in the Santa Barbara area and we especially welcome their
expertise.
thank you,
barbara wishingrad, SBPG member and organizer of the  event
805-965-4402  you can use this phone number if people want more  information

114 E. Haley is between Anacapa and Santa Barbara streets,  downtown Santa
Barbara. Haley is a one way street heading toward the Eastside,  and 114 is in
the middle of the block, on the right.  There is a parking  lot for the
building, some street parking, and the nearest public parking lot is  the Ortega
street lot, #8 I believe. hope to see you  there.

AOL.com.