[Scpg] Sunday Dec 14 "Save the Fruit Trees" Mulching Party at the Recently burned Broberg Property

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Dec 11 13:08:40 PST 2008

.

Looks like the county can bring us some mulch first thing Friday
AM.  So we would like to have a mulching party to help save the
burned fruit orchard on Sunday.

*When*:  Sunday, Dec. 14, 10:30 AM to 2 PM
             Rain will cancel

*Where:*  545 Conejo Rd.  (Directions below)  There is a detour so
Google Maps and GPS will not give accurate directions.

*What:*  Spread Mulch around the burned trees to harvest water.  We
hope to revive some of them.  The lot has been cleared.   Only the
foundation of the house remains.  The garden in some places is
largely untouched by the fire.

*Bring: * Lunch, Sturdy clothes & Hat, water.  Shovels & Gloves.
Plastic garbage cans and sturdy paint-type buckets are good for
taking the mulch down the hill to the trees.  We have 2
wheelbarrows.  One more would be good if someone has one.

Thanks a bunch!
John, Sharon, Lily, Eric, & Joe Broberg
Sharon's cell:  637-1938

Directions:

545 Conejo Rd. Santa Barbara

 From Hwy 101, take the Milpas St. Exit.  Go through the roundabout
staying on Milpas towards town.  Turn right at the traffic light at
Montecito St.  Go through the little  roundabout and turn onto the
first Alameda Padre Sierra Street.  Follow the detour signs.  If you
don't pass Cleveland School you have taken the wrong Alameda Padre
Sierra Street.  Keep following the detour signs the whole way.  Take
Eucalyptus Hill Rd. on the left for about 100 yards.  Go onto Barker
Pass Rd.  Left on Sycamore Cyn Rd. which is Hwy 192.  Do not turn
right on Coyote Rd.
Turn right on Stanwood Dr.  Turn left on Conejo Rd.  We are the first
driveway on the right.  Our mailbox without the post is sitting on
the ground.  Park on Conejo Rd. by the mailbox if you can.  There
also may be a few spaces half way up the driveway off to the right.