[Scpg] Special registration info for SBCC Permaculture Class

Kendy Radasky kendyrad at verizon.net
Fri Dec 19 15:09:06 PST 2008

Hi again permaculture folks,

I have received lots of interest from many folks about the
permaculture class that I'll be co-teaching next semester at SBCC.  I
want to encourage you, if you are thinking about joining us in the
class, to sign up sooner rather than later, since the class will be
cut from the schedule if we don't get a minimum of 20 students (we're
at 9 right now).

I also wanted to pass along some special instructions for signing up.
Unfortunately, the course is listed in the computer as having a
corequisite of an Environmental Studies lecture (ENVS 110).  The
course designers and teachers have since decided that we do not want
to require students to take the lecture with the lab -- that the
permaculture course (technically a lab) should be a stand-alone
course.  However, the computer does not agree with us, and it will try
to get you to sign up for both classes.

The solution to this glitch is to have each student fill out and
submit a form (yipee!!) that protests the corequisite requirement.  I
have attached the form to this email, along with step-by-step
instructions on how to fill it out.  The absolute latest that you
should register and submit this form is January 20th, if you want to
be counted as part of the class (though earlier would be even better).

So... sorry for the hassle, but please forward this email to everyone
that you might have forwarded my last one to.  As usual, please don't
hesitate to contact me with any questions or thoughts, or if you have
trouble opening either of the attachments.

Thanks for your time and energy.
-Kendy Radasky