[Scpg] fossil-free Re: -SBOrgGdn- Re: [sbperm] No pruning may offer best roses, fruit crops?

ocarmona at cox.net ocarmona at cox.net
Mon Dec 29 09:10:40 PST 2008

Great topic,

Pruning to just to prune is never a good reason.  you should prune for all the reason you stated plus keeping a tree manageable size to avoid having having to climb into it too much or use ladders especially if terrain is an issue.  I also think late summer pruning, after fruit is harvested is a good time to prune obvious lethargic grorth that is not evident in the winter when trees are dormant.  weather is warmer and less problems with disease setting in.  Pruning is definately a product of the production mode and not necesarrily for all the reasons we would want or need.  Less is probably in most cases better than more.

Happy Days

Big O