[Scpg] Transition Town Santa Barbara meeting Tues Feb 3

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 09:14:20 PST 2009

Transition Town Santa Barbara is hosting the first  collaborative Transition
Town meeting of 2009.

This meeting  is open to all who are interested in participating in helping
Santa Barbara  transition into a truly locally resilient and sustainable small
city.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Faulkner Gallery, Downtown Santa Barbara  Public Library
40 E Anapamu
7-9 PM
Donations welcome for room  reservation

Thank you to all who participated in an exciting vision  session in December.
By the end of the evening the room was brimming with  positive energy, let's
roll with it!

In the last couple months four  members of the SB Seeds Committee attended TT
trainings taught by founders of  the movement in the Totnes and we are very
excited to share and use tools we  learned to help build this movement in Santa
Barbara.

For more on the TT  Movement
http://www.transitihttp://www.t
http://transitioncuhttp://tra

Please  pass the word along to anyone that you feel might be interested. For
those  new to the concept of TT we are looking for people passionate and
interested in  the following areas, including but not limited to: land and nature
stewardship,  food, shelter, built environment, clothing, textiles, commerce
and trade, local  currency/LETS, microcredit, transportation, energy,
science/technology, waste  (reduce, reuse, recycle), communication technologies, law,
politics, security –  police, fire, disaster preparedness and remediation,
family/community support  systems, health care, depende nt care - children, the
elderly, the disabled,  companion animals, education at all levels, including
local history, practical  survival skills, arts and entertainment, communications
and media and most  importantly- SPIRIT AND SOUL, engaging heart, mind, soul
and spirit to meet the  challenges of the future brought on by climate change
and peak oil.

We  are very excited to embark on this journey with you!
See you there

The  Seeds Committee
Transition Town Santa Barbara
Linda Buzzell-Saltzman  lbuzzell at aol.Lin
Sarah Grant sarahgrant at mac.Sara
Cat Henley  Cat22 at sbwest.Cat
Eric Lohela _elohela at gmail.elo_ (mailto:elohela at gmail.com)
Dinorah  Molina-Phillips ixmucane at cox.Din
Mark Phillips  mark at ecotierra.Mar
Larry Saltzman lbsaltzman at aol.Lar

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)