[Scpg] TODAY!/Join Us for Seed Swap Day @ Alameda Park, Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Sat Jan 31 06:35:43 PST 2009

Join Us for a...
Community Seed Swap

Community Seed Swap on Saturday January 31, 2009, International Seed Swap Day

  10-3pm, Alameda Park, downtown Santa Barbara (cross streets, Garden
& Sola Street)

  A Celebration to bring seeds & people together. A fun day to share
& exchange seeds, plants, & cuttings.  Seed saving demonstrations,
kids crafts, seed ball making, music & more.  Free.
What to bring: bring your seeds, cuttings, evelopes, jars or other
containers.
10- noon Kids Crafts
11am - noon  Story Hour
noon - 2pm Seed Ball Making
1:30pm - 2pm  Sed Saving Lesson
Play Music, Listen to Music and a Raffle!

This local community Seed Swap event is inspired by Heather Flores
and the Food Not Lawns movement (ww.foodnotlawns.net), which is
encouraging seed swap events across the nation on this day.  Local
organizations participating for the event are the Santa Barbara
Chapter of Food Not Lawns, Santa Barbara Seed Exchange, Santa Barbara
Permaculture Network, Fairview Gardens,  SB Info Shop, the Green
Academy, Santa Barbara City College Center for Sustainability,
Healing Grounds Nursery, Island Seed & Feed Nursery, Santa Barbara
Organics Club, Sustainable World Radio and others.

To Learn More about Event Sponsors:
  Santa Barbara Permaculture Network,   www.sbpermaculture.org
  Food Not Lawns/SB Chpt ,   www.sbfoodnotlawns.org
  Santa Barbara Seed Exchange,  http://www.sbseeds.blogspot.com
  Fairview Gardens,   www.fairviewgardens.org
  SBCC Center for Sustainability,  www.sustainability.sbcc.edu
  Healing Grounds Nursery  www.healinggrounds.org
  SB Info Shop,  http://sbinfoshop.org
  The Green Academy,  www.thegreenacademy.com
  Island Seed & Feed,  www.islandseed.com
  Sustainable World Radio,   www.sustainableworldradio.com
  Santa Barbara Organic Garden Club, lbsaltzman at aol.com
  Edible Seeds

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
    an educational non-profit since 2000
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous

First Annual Southern California Permaculture Convergence August 2008
http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org