[Scpg] Rainwater Harvesting Tanks/Cisterns?

Sara Benjamin sarabrookebenjamin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 18:20:40 PST 2009

Hello all,

A question about sources for Rainwater Harvesting Tanks/Cisterns (see
below)...

PLEASE DIRECT RESPONSES TO: dubullard at gmail.com

Thanks much!

-Sara
On Jan 17, 2009, at 6:57 PM, Dianne Bullard wrote:

Friends--
We are scheduled to start our home rainwater harvest landscape project later
this week. But we have a big "missing piece" the rainwater tanks. We have
been talking with Aqua-flo locally--but the tank they are showing us is
totally inappropriate. It is massive dimensions. The staff we talked to
there today is not very knowledgeable.  They suggested a tank would be
better used in Oregon than in California (because it rains "more" there).
 We found that ironic.

I saw the perfect tank on the internet from a place in Austin TX--it is like
the corrugated metal one in Lancaster's presentation.  Supposedly this style
is common in Australia.  I have a call into them, but their website says
only available "regionally". Anyone have any ideas who I could contact in
Santa Barbara or LA that might be of help. We never expected this to be a
problem. I felt a little like I was speaking in a foreign lanaguage when I
talked with Aqua-flo today.

Any help will be appreciated.

--
Dianne Ulyon Bullard