[Scpg] [sbfoodfuture] "The Garden" gets Oscar nomination

Bob Banner info at hopedance.org
Tue Feb 3 11:07:00 PST 2009

Just to let you know Ive been in correspondence with Scott Kennedy,
the director of the film, and we are negotiating a deal where we can
screen the film sometime in March  (in both SLO and SB) with him
coming up here. As soon as we get something concrete I will let you
know.

Just to also let people know you can visit
http://www.oscar.com/nominees/?pn=detail&nominee=THE%20GARDEN%20-%20Documentary%20Feature%20Nominee
for the details about the nomination. And to see the other cool docs
that have made it to the short list of 5:

THE BETRAYAL (NERAKHOON)
ENCOUNTERS AT THE END OF THE WORLD
THE GARDEN
MAN ON WIRE (we are showing this film in SLO)
TROUBLE THE WATER

thanks

bob

On Feb 3, 2009, at 8:59 AM, LBUZZELL at aol.com wrote:

> This is the movie about the LA Community garden and how it was
> destroyed.
>
> www.thegardenmovie.com
>
> Linda
>
> Stay up to date on the latest news - from sports scores to stocks
> and so much more.

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director
HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope
2975 Vineyard Dr.
Templeton, CA 93465

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
Transition Towns PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.