[Scpg] April 11-12 Intro. to Permaculture April 14-18 Food Forest Agroforestry Workshop Hale Akua Garden Farm, Maui, Hawaii

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Feb 28 09:05:40 PST 2009

Food Forest Agroforestry Workshop

Food, fodder, forage, fuel, fiber, fungus, fertility, functional
farmaceuticals, and fertility
Focusing on pacific island tropical and subtropical forest systems

Offered: April 14-18
Location: Hale Akua Garden Farm, Maui, Hawaii
Instructors: Penny Livingston-Stark, John Valenzuela, and Doug Bullock

Join this experienced and dynamic team of instructors for this
informative 5-day training, hosted at the beautiful
<http://www.haleakuagardenfarm.com/> Hale Akua Garden Farm . The
workshop will include practical information and hands-on training on
how to design, plant, maintain and harvest the abundance that a well
planned agroforestry system can offer.

Agroforestry is an agricultural system that incorporates planting and
encouragement of trees on land where animals are raised or crops
grown. Tree planting can aid farmers and lands stewards by mitigating
soil erosion, sequestering water and  nutrients, providing wind
breaks and microclimates, moderating extreme temperatures, and
providing portential crop diversification.

  www.regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/food-forest-agroforestry-workshop

Introduction to Permaculture

Offered: April 11-12
Location: Hale Akua Garden Farm, Maui, Hawaii
Instructors: Penny Livingston-Stark and John Valenzuela

This 2-day workshop will provide an overview of the theory and
practice of permaculture design. Permaculture offers practical
strategies, techniques and principals to create restorative human
activities addressing  all aspects of what we need to live in a
healthy and balanced way.

  www.regenerativedesign.org/courses-events/introduction-to-permaculture

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
    an educational non-profit since 2000
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
  www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous

First Annual Southern California Permaculture Convergence August 2008
  http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org