[Scpg] TOMORROW! Sunday, March 8 - Free Food Forest Hands-on in Ventura

Devin S devinfromheaven at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 21:13:16 PST 2009

Hey Everyone!

Today we had a great first day of out food forest workshop called "Creating
an Edible Oasis in a Day." Our lecture, design process, and earthworks went
on longer than planned and we need help with the planting!

If you'd like to get some hands on with planting a water harvesting food
forest in a front yard, come down to 440 Nova Court in Ventura at 10 AM
tomorrow. For free of course! (You can pay if you want!) There will be much
to learn through conversation and cultivating the earth! Just to get a
taste, we're planting Mango, Banana, Nectarine, Fig, Apple, Pomegranate,
Lemon, Tangerine, Avocado, Blueberry, Silverberry, Raspberry, Artichoke,
Sunchokes, Ceanothus, Sage, Lavendar, Strawberry, and a whole horde of herbs
and greens... and that's just the first phase!

We'll probably be there to about 2 or 3 PM.

Happy food forest dreams!
Devin
--
Devin Slavin