[Scpg] Sun MARCH 29/Wendy Johnson Author Gardening at the Dragon's Gate

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Mar 24 21:29:19 PDT 2009

Timeless Spring At Work in the Wild and Cultivated World
Timeless Spring At Work in the Wild and Cultivated World

with Wendy Johnson

Sunday, March 29, 2:00 p.m.
$7 members /$10 non-members

The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden hosts organic gardener Wendy Johnson
on Sunday, March 29, at 2:00 p.m.  Wendy's lecture, Timeless Spring:
At Work in the Wild and Cultivated World serves as a wonderful
kick-off to the opening weekend of the Botanic Garden's Spring Plant
Sale which runs the entire month of April.

In this vernal equinox season, we remember anew that every garden is
rooted in the native landscape growing just outside the garden gate.
Come join longtime organic gardener and educator Wendy Johnson for an
afternoon of inspiration and engagement grounded in the principles
and practices of organic gardening in the wild and cultivated world.

For more than thirty years, Wendy, one of the founders of the organic
Farm and Garden Program at Green Gulch Zen Center in northern
California, has been meditating and gardening at Green Gulch where
the fields curve like an enormous green dragon between the hills and
the ocean.  Wendy says a garden has a life of its own, and successful
gardeners respect and learn from it. "I never say I manage the
garden," she confides. "The garden really manages me."

Wendy will sign copies of her book, Gardening at the Dragon's Gate,
after her presentation.  Part memoir of a passionate gardener, part
master class in organic gardening and sustainable agriculture, and
part meditation on the natural world, her book will also be available
for purchase in the Garden Shop.

The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, 1212 Mission Canyon Road, Santa
Barbara, CA 93105.
<http://www.santabarbarabotanicgarden.org/>www.SantaBarbaraBotanicGarden.org.

(805) 682-4726, ext 102