[Scpg] SB Food Not Lawns/Neighborhood Exchanges

sbfam at aol.com sbfam at aol.com
Tue May 5 22:22:35 PDT 2009

Visit www.sbfoodnotlawns.org

If you don't see a Neighborhood Exchange near you, start your own!

Check our website to see just how easy and fun exchanges are to start.

Join Facebook group SB Food Not Lawns

Postings for the rest of May from SB Food Not Lawns' Neighborhood Exchanges:

Winchester Canyon Garden Exchange

Sunday, May 10

11 AM-1 PM

244 Calle Serrento

San Roque Neighborhood Exchange First Gathering!

Saturday, May 16

10 AM -1 PM

3047 Paseo Tranquillo

Turnpike Neighborhood Exchange

Saturday, May 16

3:30-5:00 PM

360 El Sueno

Work Party/Workshop at Alpha Resource Center

Saturday, May 16

9:00 AM-12:00 Noon

We will be sheet mulching and planting vegetables. Sheet mulching is an extremely valuable technique for weed suppression, water retention, and restoring fertility to depleted soils.

Alpha is located at 4501 Cathedral Oaks Rd Santa Barbara, CA 93110.

Map: Click here

Westside Neighborhood Exchange

Sunday, May 17

11:30 AM-1:30 PM

724 Eucalyptus Ave.

Between Mission and Las Positas off Modoc

This year we are honoring Mother’s Day by NOT having an exchange on that day.

Please join us as we head into our second year of exchanging!

Carpinteria Garden Exchange

Sunday, May 24

11:30 AM-1:30  PM

5377 8th Street

If you live in Santa Barbara, consider driving down with a neighbor and stop
ping off at some of the great nurseries in the area. I joined this group with a basket of rainbow chard, eggs, herbs and seeds and came back with a basket full of the sweetest pink grapefruit, lemons, blood oranges, cherimoyas and avocados. I also made new friends and found garden inspiration! Where else but a Neighborhood Exchange can you find all this for free? If you live in Carp, consider hosting one of the fun events in your yard. Lynn