[Scpg] Updates for the Creating an Edible Oasis Course in Ventura - May 15-17, 2009

Devin S devinfromheaven at gmail.com
Sun May 10 12:22:39 PDT 2009

Hi Everybody!

I've got updates on the *Creating an Edible Oasis Course *- next week in
Ventura.

We have a *Project Site* that's currently being designed. It will be our
location on *Saturday and Sunday (May 16 &17)*. It will be at *244 High St.,
Oak View, CA.*
The course hours for these days have expanded to *10AM to 5PM*. That way we
can pack that much more in there.

For *Friday*, we'll still be at the *Artbarn @ 856 Thompson Blvd. in
Ventura.* Remember, this is a *Permaculture PARTY*. We will be munching on
Wood-fired pizza and jamming out to live tunes, as well as participate in a
Creating an Edible Oasis Presentation. *INVITE FRIENDS AND FAMILY! $5-10 *for
the night including pizza, *FREE* if you are registered for the course.
(People can sign up for the course that night if there is still room).

For all the people who have attended my *Creating an Edible Oasis Course* in
the past, you're welcome to come to the whole course for $20. If you want to
come for just Sunday, contact me directly and you can join for *free.*

Please forward this on to anyone who would be interested. People of all
experience levels can attend.

Cheers,
Devin Slavin

**Right now I'm grateful for spiders, communication & and the technology
that extends it further, for surfing, and getting off this computer so I can
go and play**

---------------------------------------
(Course Details)

*Abundance in Balance Design & Grow Food Party Crew Ventura Presents:*

*CREATING AN EDIBLE OASIS
A FOOD FOREST DESIGN COURSE*
*Create edible abundance now that will give back for generations!
Be inspired to solve all the world’s problems by having fun!*
*
LEARN ABOUT AND GET HANDS ON EXPERIENCE IN: *
-Reading the Landscape
-Designing for Abundance
-Creating an Edible Forest Garden
-Rainwater Harvesting
-Building Soil Fertility
-Planting for Resilience

*3 Day Food Forest Workshop: $50** (a $150 value - the price will raise
after this event)
*Pay what you can, possibility for trades
*Option:* $25 if you want to attend for one day only

*What:* Food forest design and implementation course in a suburban front
yard.
*Where:* Ventura, CA
*When:* May 15-17
*Friday 6:30-10PM* Permaculture Party and Lecture @ the ArtBarn
(856 Thompson Blvd, Ventura, CA - Bring pizza ingredients and drinks if you
can!)
*Saturday & Sunday 10-5PM* Hands-on Design Process and Implementation
(Located at 244 High St., Oak View, CA)
*Bring:* A notebook, hand tools, lunch, clothes to get dirty, & a smile

*Optional:* Come for the Friday night party only! $5-10
Includes Wood-fired Pizza, Music and Permaculture Presentation

*Instructor: Devin Slavin*, Permaculture Designer and Co-founder of the Grow
Food Party Crew, has worked with the Regenerative Design Institute for years
designing and facilitating Permaculture projects.
*For More Info:* Search Youtube.com for “Grow Food Party Crew” & “Abundance
In Balance”

*To Register:* Download the Creating an Edible Oasis Registration Form from
files section at the address below. Fill it out and send it to:
Devin at AbundanceInBalance.com
*http://groups.google.com/group/grow-food-party-crew-ventura*

Discounts for groups or for payment by May 8. Trades must be arranged prior
to workshop.
*GET THE WORKSHOP FOR FREE! *by earning $5 towards your tuition for each
person referred by you that pays in full.
*
Food Forests are of the most resilient and productive cultivated ecosystems
on the planet. They are a model for regenerative living that will allow us
to thrive into the future. Learn the essentials now so you can go out and do
it on your own or with friends!*

--
Devin Slavin
Regenerative Design & Mentoring

Fresh video from Grow Food Party Crew Santa Cruz!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

Latest video from our Creating an Edible Oasis workshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwIXhoIArVE

Check out the official Grow Food Party Crew video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4