[Scpg] Sun June 7 6pm /Farming Practices of Mesoamerica @ Community Roots Garden Oxnard Unitarian Methodist Church 2300 West Gonzales Rd. Oxnard, CA 93030

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Jun 1 06:35:51 PDT 2009

Mesopermacultura-Permaculture America Latina & Quail Springs Permaculture Farm
Invites you to Have a Conversation with
Juan Nelson Rojas & Warren Brush
Regarding:

Agricultural Transitions
Consequences of Global Warming
Differences of Conventional Agriculture and Permaculture
Survival Strategies of Agricultural Communities in our Continent
The Maya/Nahuatl Calendar: As Applied by Ancestral Pueblos
Validity & Relevance of the Calendar in Today's Agriculture & Economy
Sunday, June 7, 6:00 PM
Oxnard Unitarian Methodist Church
2300 West Gonzales Rd. Oxnard, CA 93030

Speaker Bio:
Juan was born in Sonsonate, El Salvador in 1958.  After qualifying as
an industrial electrician,he became involved in the trade union
struggles of the 1980's.  Forced into exile by the brutal military
regime; he spent 4 years in Mexico and then 8 years in Australia.  It
was there that he studied Permaculture as a useful tool for the
rebuilding of his native country following the peace accords of 1992.
He is currently working as a coordinator for the Mesoamerican
Convergence on Sustainable Development and Permaculture.  Also, he
continues to teach Permaculture courses throughout Mesoamerica now
and for the length of the year.

Warren is a certified Permaculture designer, educator, and
storyteller. He is co-founder of Quail Springs Learning Oasis &
Permaculture Farm, Wilderness Youth Project, Mentoring for Peace,
True Nature Design and Trees for Children.  He works extensively in
Permaculture education and sustainable habitat design in North
America and in Africa.

Information
Phone:  (805) 390-1831
Email:   <mailto:lifeethic at gmail.com>lifeethic at gmail.com

Community Roots Garden
Help Each Other Grow!
Join us in cultivating an acre of land among an enthusiastic, great
group of people with a dream.  This is how it has started.  The name
of the garden is Community Roots.  Together, along with all, we can
harvest our food and form a community in conviviality.  In helping
oneself we help each other become auto sufficient by securing our
food source.  Let's share our food and our knowledge of cultivation.
We invite you to visit and celebrate:  Cultivating, learning from one
another, celebrating the harvest and thus doing so time and time
again as a community sharing the yield.

Location
Oxnard Unitarian Methodist Church
2300 West Gonzales Rd. Oxnard, CA 93030

Community in the Garden
Saturday 9:00 AM to Noon
Tuesday 4:00 PM to Sunset
Bring your children to play in the garden among all of us.

Committee Meetings
First Thursday of the month@ 6:06 PM

Information
Phone:  (805) 485-7156