[Scpg] Mesoamerica Permaculture & Community Garden Events in Oxnard

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Tue Jun 2 15:14:25 PDT 2009

Mesoamerica - Permacultura en America Latina (PAL)

Life Ethic Permaculture, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network &

Quail Springs Permaculture Farm

Invites you to have a Conversation with

Juan Nelson Rojas & Warren Brush

Regarding:

*      Agricultural Transitions

*      Consequences of Global Warming

*      Differences of Conventional Agriculture and Permaculture

*      Survival Strategies of Agricultural Communities in our Continent

*      The Maya/Nahuatl Calendar: As Applied by Ancestral Pueblos

*      Validity & Relevance of the Calendar in Today's Agriculture & Economy

*      Presentaran a la communidad temas de Transicion Agricola

*      Consecuencias del Calentamiento Global

*      Diferencia entre Agricultura Concencional y la Permacultura

*      Estrategias de sobrevivencia de las comunidades campesinas en el
continente

*      El calendario Maya/Nahuatl su uso en la vida de los pueblos
ancestrales

*      Vigencia y aplicacion del calendario en la agricultura y economia de
hoyen dia

Sunday, June 7, 6:00 PM

Oxnard Unitarian Methodist Church

2300 West Gonzales Rd. Oxnard, CA 93030

Flyer in English: www.quailsprings.org/MesoamericaPermaculture-Flyer.pdf

Volante en Espanol: www.quailsprings.org/MesoamericaPermacultura-Volante.pdf

Information

Phone/telephono:  (805) 390-1831

Email:   lifeethic at gmail.com

**

NeighborWorks Week 2009 in Oxnard

The Meta Street Coalition invites you to

"NUESTRA META ES VERDE"

(Our Goal is Green) Community Garden Project

Saturday, June 6th & 13th

501 South Meta Street, Oxnard, CA 93030

Itinerary:

7:30 AM check-in (Coffee, Mexican Hot-Chocolate, Mexican Bread)

8:00 AM to 1:00 PM Work Crews

1:00 PM Lunch

2:00 PM to 3:00 PM Workshops

Workshops on June 6th:

*      From your Garden to your Table, by Blanca Arias, VCBH

*      Soil Restoration, by Elizabeth Von Gunthen, Life Ethic Permaculture
Design

Workshops on June 13th:

*      Medicinal Herbs, by Roberto Garcia, Life Ethic Permaculture design

*      Plants that Attract Beneficial Insects, by Nopalito Native Nursery

3:00 PM to 4:00 PM Clean-up Crew

Flyer in English: www.quailsprings.org/MetaCommunityGardenOxnard.jpg

Information

Phone:  (805) 390-1831

Email:   lifeethic at gmail.com

***

Community Roots Garden in Oxnard

Help Each Other Grow!

Join us in cultivating an acre of land among an enthusiastic great group of
people with a dream.

This is how it has started.  The name of the garden is Community Roots.
Together, along with

all, we can harvest our food and form a community in conviviality.  In
helping oneself we can

help each other become self sufficient while securing our food source.
Let's share our food and

our knowledge of cultivation.

We invite you to visit and celebrate:  Cultivating, learning from one
another, celebrating the

harvest and thus doing so time and time again as a community sharing the
yield.

Location

Oxnard Unitarian Methodist Church

2300 West Gonzales Rd. Oxnard, CA 93030

Community in the Garden

Saturday 9:00 AM to Noon

Tuesday 4:00 PM to Sunset

Bring your children to play in the garden among all of us.

Committee Meetings

First Thursday of the month@ 6:06 PM

Information

Phone:  (805) 390-1831