[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] Fwd: Tibet Film Festival Wed June 17, 4-9pm - IT'S FREE ! at SB Jewish Center

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Fri Jun 12 13:13:21 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: jemila r <persimmonpie9 at yahoo.com>
> Date: June 12, 2009 12:55:31 PM PDT
>
> Subject: Tibet Film Festival  Wed June 17,  4-9pm -  IT'S FREE !  at
> SB Jewish Center
>
> scroll down for nice photo if you need it -
>

> Tibet Film Festival
>
> and
>
> Closing Reception
>

> in conjunction with the Art Exhibition
> Tibet: Magic and Mystery
>

> Wednesday, June 17, 2009   4-9 pm
>
> at the
>

> Bronfman Family Jewish Center
>
> 524 Chapala St., SB -  near Cota St./ Farmers' Market
>

> 4:00 PM Voices in Exile
> by Tenzin Warngden Andrugtsang in conjunction with The Tibetan Photo
> Project.
> About the life and struggles of the monks and families and young
> people in exile, in their own words, filmed by a monk. The number
> one most viewed film at the Online International Culture Unplugged
> Film Festival.
> 65 minutes
> http://www.tibetanphotoproject.com/voicesinexile.html
>

> 5:10 PM   Mustang: Journey of Transformation
> by Will Parrinello, Mill Valley Film Group
> Narrated by Richard Gere
> Tells the remarkable story of a 15th century Tibetan culture pulled
> back from the brink of extinction through the restoration of its
> most sacred sites. Featuring His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the film
> is a tale of hope and rebirth told by the people who helped save
> this once Forbidden Kingdom.
> "...combines stunning Himalayan vistas, with a story about a place
> that time has literally forgotten..."
> http://www.mvfg.com/films.shtml
> 30 minutes
>
> **   **   Closing Reception  **   **
>

> 6:00 PM Journey From Zanskar
> by Frederick Marx, fmarxfilms (Hoop Dreams)
> "Sometimes you have to give up your children in order to save them."
> Screening of a film in progress to help save the Tibetan people and
> their culture.  Two Tibetan monks take 17 poor children from Zanskar
> and walk over the mountains to get them into Tibetan schools in India.
> 93 minutes
>

> 7:40 PM Award-winning Writer/Director Frederick Marx will be on hand
> to discuss the trip and the hardships in filming, and to take
> questions concerning this film and the need to complete it.
> Project Trailer: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdkCMqqrlww)
> Project Website: (http://www.fmarxfilm.com/17paths.html)
> Project Blog: (http://vcr.csrwire.com/node/12341)
> Project Donation Page: (http://www.fmarxfilm.com/donate.html)
> Renowned cellist Michael Fitzpatrick will perform selections from
> his performances for His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
>

> http://web.mac.com/tuningtheplanet/Michael_Fitzpatrick/Home.html
>

> Presented by Santa Barbara Jewish Federation
>
> Contact Lynn Holley at 805.957-1115 or art at sbjf.org for more
> information.

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope  •  2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton,
CA 93465  •   805.369-0203
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edible SLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.369-0203
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.