[Scpg] seeking a permaculture minded housemate - East LA area

Joan Stevens mamabotanica at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 16 06:35:14 PDT 2009

Hey all, my roommate has left to play before she starts grad school.  I'm looking for someone lovely to take her place.  Please spread the word and keep your ears open!

Here are the details:

Come share this beautiful 2 bdrm 1 ba Eagle Rock home with me. East of East LA, close to Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Highland Park, Glassell Park, Silverlake.

It's a great house - incredible views from every window - built in the 30s.  Has lots of charm and a nice yard (small orchard in pots and a garden of greens and herbs already here, could have so much more!). The place is gorgeous. Amenities include a huge bathroom, gas fireplace, (brand new) gas stove, washer and dryer, hardwood floors, lots of storage in the garage, wireless internet, front porch/breakfast nook (exceptional view), gourmet kitchen. Rent is $875/month with $875 deposit. Utilities are split.

"...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is enough for everyone.

Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and shelter."

- Bill Mollison