[Scpg] Ojai Hands-On Cob Building Workshop in June 26, 27 Meiners Oaks! CA

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Jun 17 06:36:50 PDT 2009

Dear Friends,

We are thrilled to invite you to our Ojai debut
cob workshop at our home in Meiners Oaks! This is
a unique opportunity to combine community, skill
building and a deeply transformative connection
to earth.

Using natural materials we will create
ecologically responsible and spiritually
uplifting neighborhood beauty. Learn to build and
sculpt with stone, sand, straw and clay as we
begin an urban cob garden wall and bench over the
course of two days.

Please pass this along and share! See you there!
In community,
Carolyn and Jack

Here are the details:
WHAT: Hands-On Cob Building Workshop
WHEN: Friday, June 26th and Saturday, June 27th.
Workshop 9:00am-4:00pm each day.
WHERE: 136 South Arnaz Street in Ojai, California (Meiners Oaks)
THE DETAILS: Learn to mix, build and sculpt with
cob (earth, straw, water) in this hands-on
workshop. Topics covered will include
foundations, soil testing, cob construction,
passive solar design, earthen sculpture, earthen
plasters and earthen floors. We’ll be starting a
cob wall/bench. The workshop tuition is $40 each
day or $75 for both days. Natural Building
related books will be available for sale - please
bring cash or check for books.
WHAT TO BRING: bag lunch*, hat, gloves, surfing
booties or old tennis shoes (if you’d rather not
mix barefoot), water bottle, notebook, pen or
pencil. Optional: shovel, pulaski or pickaxe, old
dull hand saw, machete, 4 foot level. *Several
good and affordable restaurants are within
walking distance.
DISCOUNTS: “Friends and Family Discount” - bring
a friend and you both save 10% off the workshop
tuition; Work/Trade: if you can help with tools,
materials or work beyond the workshop (finishing
the project in the following days/weeks) we can
offer some scholarships.
INSTRUCTORS: Jack Stephens, instructor with the
Cob Cottage Company and co-founder of the Natural
Building Network, and Carolyn Marie, natural
builder and principal partner of Wild Earth
Village Builders.
CONTACT: carolynmarie8 at gmail.com,
jack at nbnetwork.org or call 805-312-2002. Workshop
space is limited. RSVP required.

For additional information about natural building
and this workshop please contact Jack at
805-850-9751. Natural Building offers real
solutions to the problems of global climate
change, fresh water access, natural resource
depletion, affordable housing and social justice.
For online information about this workshop visit
http://nbnetwork.org/2464

--
"Knowledge comes from learning, wisdom comes from
letting go of what you think you know." ~Gerar